America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Lots of ticket info HERE.

Pippy :D
direct holidays are booking 2008 at moment with free kids
2 weeks may/june from £1500

Mark
If you are going to Fla in July be sure and go to Blizzard Beach (water park) the weather will be HOT.
how much does it cost?
i love water parks so it should be fun
I just Googled and it says $35 each. You can buy lots of combination or 'Park Hopper' tickets so check those out too as you can save money by combining things,depending on which of the Disney parks you plan to go to and how many days you buy them for. .. Also do a search on Typhoon Lagoon.
Blizzard Beach website HERE.

Pippy :D
I was considering going to Florida in May but June is quite a bit cheaper (13th June 08).

Whats the tempereture like then and when do the American children break up as I have a feeling it is around then.

Any thoughts would be appreciated
Schools get out at different times around the country. Mostly in the South they get out really early around May 26th because it's pretty hot by then- the further North you go the later they get out. New York and New England are up into June before they break.
Hi

I am looking to goto Florida either 17th or 23rd May 2008 for 2 weeks)

The 23rd is £300 cheaper so would prefer that but am concerned as there is heavy rain in June or do you think I will be safe as it is so early in the month.

I have also heard it is very hot & humid, is this time of year unbearable (I have 2 children ages will be 9 & 6)

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Maybe I'm missing something but why wouldn't you go on the 23rd? It's only 6 days difference... how much can the weather change in 6 days? As for whether the weather is unbearable, that's one of those "how long is a piece of string" questions. I personally don't care for the humidity but other people have no problem with it (bearing in mind I live in California and am used to hot weather, that's saying something). However, I have only ever been to Florida in August and it was extremely humid. Perhaps the humidity is less severe in May and June... I'm sure others on here can give you more info on that.
I've been in June and it was humid and very hot but it only actually rained 2 or 3 times in the 2 weeks we were there. It's not a time I would choose to go, I prefer early May, but if it was the only time I could manage I wouldn't hesitate. If you start off early in the morning its cooler and normally dry then. A shower wont spoil your trip - there are plenty of indoor places to duck into in the parks.
i went last yr on the 25th and yes it is hot and quite humid but we only had rain twice over the two weeks and then it was only for like 30 mins late in the afternoon, previously i had been in april and we had a couple of showers late in the afternoon also , so if your saving £300 id go for the 23rd, extra $$$ in your pocket.
I know its a silly question but does anyone know if you can get take away currys in the disney area?
Every thing is available as a take away in Orlando or it was a few years ago :lol:

Alan
ACSBJ14- If you're staying in the Kissimme area there's an Indian Restaurant called Passage to India, on Hwy 192,(Irlo Bronson) the main road I don't know what the food's like.
Emdia43 you're a star. Thanks for that!!
Hi everyone

Hope this isn't a silly question. But I have been wondering what people do with their rucksacks/bags when going on rides? Can you take rucksacks on rides? Need it really for change of clothes, sun lotion etc. Was concerned that if I put the change of clothes in a locker and then the locker was on the other side of the park and would have to walk all the way back. Also, do you tend to dry out quickly in the sun.

Any tips that anyone has on their experiences would be appreciated. I have a 8 year old who will want to go on any ride which involves water. We are going in July.

Thank you

Fluff
Hi,

I am not that sure about disney but in islands of adventure and universal we take our rucksack with us. When going on rides such as Jurasic park they have lockers which can be used free for a short period of time or you can take the rucksack with you on that ride. On Popeye and Blutos barge you will get drenched but you take the bag and shoes on with you and they are placed in the centre of the barge with a plastic cover to keep them dry. Take the bag with you on the Dudley Do water ride, it can be put on the floor, just be careful with expensive cameras etc in case the end up soaked. On the big rollercoaster rides they also have lockers which are free for a period of time, after that they charge. Universal also have lockers outside rides like men in black, but I think that is all. No water rides in universal. I have found that in parks like seaworld and busch gardens they are similar to islands of adventure and you can use the lockers at various parts of the park for the duration of the rides. We have done disney parks but I am not as sure about which rides you have lockers for, but I think that mostly you will be able to carry your rucksack onto the majority of rides and where there is a risk of thing falling out they will provide lockers outside the attraction.
My kids also love the water rides (15 and 12) and I tend to take a change of clothing with us, although in the summer you do tend to dry out quite quickly. My son and husband prefer to wear really lightweight shorts/swimshorts and the breathable lightweight tops rather that cotton t/shirts etc because they do dry out so quickly. I also tend to keep a spare change of clothes and a towel in the boot of the car for the kids, especially for travelling back to the accommodation, or if you decide to go out for something to eat from the parks. Another tip is to buy the poncho's from the supermarket or they can be bought at the parks, these are ideal for the water rides if you don't want to get too wet (like myself), my kids always get soaked. I have found that you need the ponchos anyway because of the heavy downpours of rain they get in July, and although it may not last long and dry up really quickly, the ponchos really do help.

Hope that it is of use to you

keanda
Thanks for the info Keanda. I thought that there would have to be some sort of system as most people will need to take a rucksack of some sort even if just for sun lotion.

Does anyone know if Disney does the same with lockers at the rides where bags can't be taken on.

Many thanks again.

Fluff
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.