Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
A slightly more comprehensive page on Bulgarian food can be found HERE, or another HERE
I've found an even more comprehensive one at -

http://www.bulgariancoast.com/infotips/food.asp

Patka
Am thinking of booking for Bulgaria next year, want to do 2 weeks AI in August but on reading reviews, some of the reports on the food isnt brilliant. I will be travelling with 2 fussy eaters and need a hotel with good, hot cooked food...have read somewhere that most of the food is lukewarm and a microwave in most hotels to heat food up? Anbody got any good recommendations for me?Having never travelled there before, would like a nice hotel, good for kids, near the beach?
Thanks x
Hi Angelsis

I can sympathise with you I have a fussy easter over here to and some of the food they just won't touch. Your best bet would be to rent a villa or apartment that way you can buy your own food in and make the necessary food that you want. If this is your first visit i would reccommend this way as it will let you eat at least and you can try a few local restaurants and decide if you want to eat out more but will still be able to cook the food you like at your apartment/villa.

Any questions please let me know.

Cheers

Expat
Hi,

Just come back from Sunny Beach and would like to recommend the hotel Riu Helios Palace. This 4 star hotel had excellent food. We were advised before we booked that if we chose either one of the Iberostars or Rius we couldnt go far wrong. Please read my full review for more info. Look in the Hotel Review section.

Having spoken to quite a few holidaymakers on the plane on the return journey we were with the minority that actually enjoyed the food. There were quite a few horror stories from residents that had stayed in various other hotels.

There are two other Riu hotels in Sunny beach and I believe 2 Iberostars (one of which was opposite the Riu Helios Palace.)

Hope this helps
hey,

we were there for a week and never once had luke warm food.

if you didnt like the food in the hotel it is so cheap to eat out and plenty of places to choose from.

8)
Personally I wouldnt go AI. I've heard to many stories on poor food in the hotels. Also the food is very cheap eating out. And most places serve english food, chips, steaks etc. We only had a few meals that were warm. Just tell the waiter when you order your food that you want it hot.
i agree derby dave

we went half board this year and ate in the hotel 3 times

:lol:
We've booked AI next year simply because it works out cheaper than going SC :shock: This way even if the food isnt great, we've still paid less than for SC and I'm sure there'll be no problems with the drinks :D

Have to say the food in SB, when we were there a couple of wks ago, was good. Had no problems, so many places to choose from.

Trish :)
Hi Angelsis
We stayed in the chrisantema (Hrizantema) in July 05.
We go all inclusive because of the convenience. It was also only slightly more expensive than going half board.

Included in this hotel are three restaurants - fish, chicken and pizza. You have to book the day before but can use as many evenings as you like. The pizza is also open at lunchtime - you don't have to book. We used it several lunchtimes during our holiday.
In the actual hotel, the food was buffet. It was not lukewarm but hot. There was a good selection.
At breakfast there was cereal, fruit, bread (toast machine), rolls, cooked breakfast. On the terrace there was also crepes and omlettes made fresh.

During the day there were jacket potatoes with salad fillings, hot dogs and toasted sandwiched available. This made a change from chips and burgers.

The hotel itself is great, clean, comfortable, friendly and has a great pool.
Hope this helps.
I am going to Sunny beach in 6 days time. Can you please recommend any nice restaurants?

Anna
andersons behind the hotel jeravi is lovely and pretty cheap too :lol:
we ate at the jupiter which was quite nice.
We have just come back from sunny beach on the 6th September and we ate a lot at Raffeillo very cheap very friendly quick and prompt service would recommend the pasta carbonara, the Steak with mushrooms and the Pizzas. also good vegetarian choices. :tup
Djannys and Barbeque Credo were very good.
the Blue and White resturant was very good never had a bad meal there, not to expensive either

bombhead
We made a great find of Alexanders in the new Nessebar. Fantastic food as long as you did not have beef. Their chicken dishes were fantastic and the prices. Oh and the melba for dessert was gorgeous hard to finish though. We had a superb meal for four two bottles of wine and a round of drinks for four for seventy five lev about thirty five euro. There id a chicken dish made with onions mushrooms and a cream sauce with cheese it was divine and to die for. the saute potates were the nicest I ever had. We had some crap meals but once we found this place we stuck wth it. You had to book it on Friday Saturday and Sunday night as it was full of locals in big groups celebrating.
hiya we stayed in the chaika beach hotel in sunny beach this summer and ate alot in the castle restaurant which they own. it did great pizza and pasta and hubby liked the steak.

however we had our 4 year old little girl who wouldnt eat a thing while on holiday. we ended up bringing her to macdonalds most days!!

another good place was the arizona steakhouse who had a live band play every night.
hth
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.