Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Food
4 Posts
well not really.want do you want to take with you.there are very good supermarkets in resorts.and fresh markets as well.why make your case any heavier.
Wolvesgirl wrote:
Hi. Can anyone tell me if you are allowed to take fresh food in to Spain?
Thanks.

There are no restrictions when travelling between EU countries, as long as they are for personal use, I would advise though that if you intend to take fresh food, that it is vacuumed packed where possible, just in case your luggage goes astray.
The rules change when entering Spain from countries outside the EU and the rules may change if there's an outbreak of something like foot & mouth disease/swine fever. etc.
Meat, dairy and other animal products
There are no general restrictions on carrying any of these products if you are travelling within the EU since all EU countries have to respect strict common veterinary standards. The same applies if you are travelling from Andorra, Liechtenstein, Norway, San Marino or Switzerland. However, some restrictions may apply under specific circumstances, such as localised animal disease outbreaks.

http://europa.eu/travel/shop/index_en.htm#products

Sanji
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.