Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
You do not say the age of the children. Consider that if self catering then children do not count towards occupancy and so you will be charged supplements for under occupancy in most cases.

It is as cheap to pay for you all. The supplements will wipe out the so called savings. If you read some of the threads on HT you will see plenty of evidence that bears this out.

Remember you do not get anything for nothing.

fwh
Sorry, I should have mentioned that our grand-daughters are 6 and 2 years, there will be 5 adults (one of whom is 73) and 2 children. We are not really looking for cheapness but as I mentioned we have always travelled by coach before so are new to all the different TO's that offer flights/hotels.
Have you any particular destinations in mind?

I would suggest you post the question in the appropriate forum and see what members can come up with.

Do you want hotel or self catering, possibly a villa?

We are off to Cyprus again on Oct 1 with a small TO - Members will be able to advise you on them besides the big ones. They can also help on DIY

Wherever you decide have a great time.

fwh
As fwh says you probably need to think about where you wish to go to and then post in the appropriate forum for help/suggestions.

The one thing that crossed my mind, is that as you have a passenger who does not like flying and a 6 and 2 year old in your party, you should probably consider somewhere with a flight time of about 2 to 2.5hours

This means places like Portugal, Majorca, Minorca, Ibiza, Mainland Spain, Croatia, France or possibly Malta/Gozo.

Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, the Canaries and Egypt are all about 4 hours (or more).

Good Luck :D
Free child places are offered as an inducement to book early and aren't always the cheapest way of doing things, especially with self-catering holidays as others have remarked. It's extremely unlikely that you'll get a free child place deal on a late booking.

Also, as there will be 7 of you all together in the party, if it was me I wouldn't consider trying to do a late deal anyway. The best late deals to be found are when a TO has just a few remaining places left to sell and will cut prices just to make sure that the planes run full. As a rule of thumb, anywhere that still has 7 places left and where you can all be accommodated together is by definition not popular and you have to consider why this is the case.

SM
Must admit I had never thought about the difficulties of finding a deal with 7 places so will look at booking now if possible, hoping to find a hotel due to different age groups and singe room requirements although a villa sounds nice. We are hoping to go back to Tossa De Mar on Costa Brava as we have been there on the coach a few times, always to the same hotel, and know we like it and feel comfortable there so as my better half is scared of flying we thought it would be just far enough for him to cope with. Although the actual holiday is some way off we are all (almost all) getting excited about flying (last time for me was 31 years ago) its just getting to know the proceedures at the airport etc. Thanks for all your help.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.