Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
A party of eight of us booked at the Radisson Hotel -Memphis Downtown for a special occasion holiday. We booked directly with Radisson as a result of visiting their web site:- http://www.radisson.com.
On arrival, the hotel was under extensive renovation, dirty, noisy and advertised facilities (bar, reception area, restaurant etc) were non- existent. The photos we took in the hotel bear no resemblance to the ones on their web site.
We complained to the Management at the hotel. Since arriving home I have written a strong letter of complaint to Radisson Hotels and have asked for a refund, but all I got was a letter saying "thanks for your comments". I have photographs of the shambles the hotel was in. How do you think I stand and what should I do next.please?
Quick question, should I pursue this or not ?
My son travelled via Thomas Cook to Malia in Greece on a 7 day holiday.
On the 5th night he was unfortunately the subject of a rather nasty and unprovoked assault. He managed to get himself to the hospital where they sutured his wounds and gave him a fit to fly certificate.
He reported it to the resort rep whos response was " Youve let me down"
Hardly sympathetic or helpful.
On return to the UK, he was still in pain and was admitted to hospital with what turned out to be 7 fractures of the cheekbone and resulted in over 4 hours of surgery.
I claimed for the cost of his sutures (£62 approx) and the insurance company paid up minus the £50 excess !! £12 !
I now feel so aggrieved but cant think which way to turn or who to complain to !

Any sugegstions anyone ?
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.