Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I have a two year old who we have taken to albufeira twice i would advise you to take your own formula milk and also in the modelo supermarket they do not sell Pampers only Huggies and as a bloke i found it difficult to find the right size as they are all different out there.
I have no problem buying nappies at home BTW.

Hope you enjoy your holiday :P
Hi Tills,

I remember a similar question about this a few months back. I think the general feeling was that they probably do sell the same kind of formula but possibly under a different name. I'm pretty sure that the large Modelo and Algarve Shopping will sell main brands(prev question was on SMA Gold I think).

Someone suggested taking a few tins, they are light and you wont have to bring them back. Better safe than sorry and having a cranky baby :shock:

Tara fur noo, Lummie
I know there is a shop behind MacDonalds that sell the english brand milk and nappies,but if your in Villa Petra thats quite a walk from there, you are staying on the Strip and thats a good 30 minute walk to the old town, and the big supermarkets you will have the local supermarkets nearby.
Any further questions just ask. Im sure you will love Portugal and the Villa Petra is a 1st class set of apartments.
Thanks for the help.

I've decided to take enough nappies and milk with me just to be on the safe side. I'll just have to sacrifice some precious luggage space. The joys of motherhood!!

Will be sure to post a report on the holiday when we return.
Thanks again :)

Tills
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.