Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
malgrat is lovely resort -very flat.not for the more boisterous holiday maker, more families and oldies, but it suits me and missus fine. not as big as calella or lloret but still has plenty bars, wide beach, weekly market,and is near siesta nightclub which i recommend as the best spanish cabaret night on the costa brava.
suggest you read up on hotels, as some are much quiter than others.
you could try this web site
http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Spain/Catalunya/Malgrat_de_Mar-261916/TravelGuide-Malgrat_de_Mar.html
which should give you all the info you need.

edited by Biff to remove font change
Have been to Malgrat twice in the last twelve months - not very adventurous I'm afraid! I found Malgrat to be a peaceful town, with the older area of the town being typically Spanish and has the usual tourist shops. Two mini trains run through the town - one from end to end and the other up into the hills (unfortunately I have not managed to take this trip but will do in the future). The train station is within easy walking distance of most hotels and you are only 70km (I think) from Barcelona (5.70 euro return) which is just over an hour away. When you get fed up with the hotel food, I can highly recommend the New China Restraunt which is situated fairly close to the train station. As the previous poster has said Malgrat is not full of young drunks and I would recommend it to someone who enjoys a fairly peaceful break. The open market in Pineda is highly recommended. Hope this is of some help to you :?:
Much nicer that calella, also santa susanna is very nice to walk along with the stalls and the piped music at night, plus most of the entertainment is hotel based and you can see whats going on as you walk by at night, they all welcome you obviously as long as you go in and buy a drink, good beach goes on for miles shelves a bit but you can find many quiet spots, its a quiet type of place but relaxing, the trains are great and cheap to get to other places, and the little train in santa susanna is a must to go on takes you up into the residential parts and great views

Rosie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.