Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I'm going to Turkey from Manchester a week on Monday. Last year I got a lift from my brother, sometimes I have a taxi. This year my boyfriend and I are staying in a hotel closer to the airport as he's leaving his car with his aunt, then we will get a taxi the 8 miles or so to Manchester. Terminal 2. If anyone's interested! :D
I get so excited with my holidays i cant wait.

Taxi all the way will be easier but i love the hussle of gettin the train lol.

Also if we get a taxi all the way then we cant get the little train taking us to the north terminal (never flown from there before) and i want to get that.

Any one would think this was my first ever holiday, but i get even more excited every year.
We live so close to Donny Airport that we normally get Rob's dad to drop us off. we used to drive and park at East Mids ( it was all part of the adventure for the kids) but it is great now the journey is only 15 mins!!
Don't know what we are going to do in November when all the family is going together..i guess we will hire a mini bus taxi..
Hi Claire

We live in Somerset so have a 3 hour drive to Gatwick. We park at Cophall farm parking and they drive us to the airport. We always get there at least 3-4 hours before our flight so we can check in as early as possible (we like to choose where we sit on the plane) once our bags are gone we can then wander around before going through to departures.
We've been from the North terminal a couple of times (and will be again this year) but mostly early morning flights so there's not much open and as we have an 8 year old who loves the monorail we always take a trip over to the South terminal have a mooch around then head back, he loves it and it's a good way of passing the time :)
Claire,

get the taxi to drop you at the South terminal and then get the monorail across to the North.

Bill
That was what i was thinking, my boyfriend says im mad though.
If we fly from Brum then it is a taxi or get a mate to drop us. Any other aorport and we off airport park. Prices are not too bad for a fortnight (even at Heathrow) certainly cheaper than public transport and more convenient.
when we fly from stansted ( which is our local airport!!! ) we always get a taxi as it is cheaper than parking !!!

this year it is luton and my brother is taking us and picking us up !!! it is much cheaper to give him petrol money and a drink !!! than to get a taxi or to park for 2 weeks!!!

only been to gatwick once and we parked up as that was the cheapest option and also we really couldn't ask anybody to pick us up at 4am!!!
i think we all forget about the added expence of getting to/from the airport when we book our holidays!!!

for us to park at luton for 2 weeks would of put an extra £125.00 and thats without petrol of maybe £25.00 return!!!

if i could, it would be stansted every time as a taxi is only about £60.00 return and thats with a nice tip aswell !!!
I'm getting door to door service on the Gatwick Flyer for £39 return which has saved me a fortune in parking plus I don't have the stress of finding somewhere to park/paying through the nose for it/worrying about the security while I'm away. I saw it picking up a neighbour today and got all excited! :lol:
Flying from Gatwick on Tuesday, travelling down from Essex and staying in a local hotel on Monday night, getting the step-daughter to drop us off and pick us up.

All for 2 weeks food and drink (she is house sitting for us :) ) - works out cheaper than parking (she doesnt eat that much :D )

Cant wait, I hope you all have a great Holiday 8)
Depends on when we are flying and where from - we've had lifts from my parents, taxis and off site airport parking with the courtesy coach.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.