Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
getting excited
10 Posts
You usually get told as you come out of the arrivals hall and meet the rep.

Hope it's a good one. :)
Kath x
lindy,
i assume you are going by coach, and if so they will usually tell you when they pick you up, if you ask, or you can wait until you get to spain when they usually announce where everyone is going about 1 hour before you get there.
i've found in the past though that when you get talking to people on the coach and you don't know where your going everyone else will tell you where they are going and so you can work it out for yourself anyway.
take a brochure with you so you can spend the last bit of the journey seeing what you have got.
i'm sure you'll have fun wherever you end up.
Yes we are going by coach , and this will be my 9th time with Mr Ferris , its the not knowing that makes it more exciting . This is the first time we have booked a special for a main holiday .
I am going in 10 weeks too! August 10th to be exact. I have travelled with Ferris 3 times in the past but this year I'm going with Sunways - this is the 2nd time with them. I am using Sunways because the pick up point is more convenient, no other reason. I think Ferris are slightly cheaper.

I am going to Fenals, LLoret. Where would be your ideal destination Llindy?
I really dont mind, we have stayed in all the resorts other than salou, we both like Fenals stayed in the Fenals Garden when it was used by ferris's a long time ago and was called the Terra Brava . This year we dont have any children in tow and thats why we decided on a special .

We also travel on the 10th from Wales will look out for a Sunways coach on the ferry or travelling down on the service stops

Have a great holiday
I am travelling from West Yorkshire and I expect it will be an early start, probably around 7 am. Normally we catch a ferry around 2 pm and then, all being well, we'll arrive in resort mid morning. :)

This year I have booked apartments in Fanals. We like to eat out in different places on an evening, so I thought an apartment might suit us. However, the people at Sunways can't tell me the name of them because they use 2 or 3 different ones and don't allocate people untill last minute. So, in a way, its a bit like your special!
I have posted previously that I to am on a Ferris all inclusive special, it does add to the anticipation not knowing the destination. There are only around eight or nine options available.
The favourite would be the Royal Sun and the least desired option would be Paradis Park in Pineda, but wherever we end up I will enjoy the holiday.
I am going in seven weeks time, I will post the destination while I am away, it may give you an idea of this years allocation.
The reason I have put Paradis Park as the least desirable, is because of the location not the hotel.
thanks for letting me know where you are placed, last year on the coach a family that booked a Al special ended up in the Pineda Palace, but thats not in this years brochure .

Thanks again

lynne .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.