Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi Stu
What an absolutely awful experience for you both.

You say that Global repeatedly fail to accept any responsibility for any of the actions or failures that took place.
Does that mean that they have offered you no recompense at all?

Do you have any written evidence of this problem?

What explanation have they given for the room not being paid for?

I wonder why it took the hotel 10 days to realise that the room wasn't paid for.

I'd suggest you contact Ros Fernihough, a Travel Law Solicitor, to discuss what your position is.
Ros gives Holiday Truth members free impartial legal advice.

You can contact her on 01922 621114.

Good luck.

Polly
Hello
I'm writing from the BBC One consumer programme, Don't Get Done, get Dom and I'm interested to hear more about your holiday ordeal. We are currently looking for holiday related stories to solve in our second series.

If you are interested in having a chat, I would like to hear from you. My contact details are:

catherine@flametv.co.uk
or 020 7713 6868

Many thanks,
Catherine
That's an awful situation and you have been treated very badly, both by your tour operator and by the hotel. I honestly don't think you will get compensation, however, as the TO will argue that you got the holiday you paid for. They don't tend to pay out for distress caused, meals missed etc. I know this from my own experience.
If you want to pursue it I would encourage you to ring Ros Fernihough for advice.
Good luck.
Hi Stu.

Horrific, you couldn't make it up!!

Would definitely contact Ros, there's more involved here than the Package Holiday Regulations, and you need expert advice.

Good luck and please keep us informed as to progress.

Peter
Thanks for all of your supportive comments. The Tour Operator has been keen to assign blame to other 3rd parties that they appointed such as the room booking agent. They also blame the hotel for not invoicing for our stay, yet when i met with the manager he demonstrated that 2 seperate invoices had been issued from the hotel to the Tour Operator, weeks before our arrival, with no acknowledgement. It's just one blaming the other with us in the middle.

They're keen to assign blame to others yet fail to acknowledge any responsibility themselves or that the contract that i entered into was with them, and not their appointed 3rd parties. Failures by their appointed 3rd parties are their responsibility.

I'll certainly look to contact Ros over the next few days or so.

Once again many thanks.
Stu100,
the relevant regulation covering this is probably Reg 15 in the 1992 Travel Tour Regs.
It basically states:

Liability of other party to the contract for proper performance of obligations under contract
15.-(1) The other party to the contract is liable to the consumer for the proper performance of the obligations under the contract, irrespective of whether such obligations are to be performed by that other party or by other suppliers of services but this shall not affect any remedy or right of action which that other party may have against those other suppliers of services.

(2) The other party to the contract is liable to the consumer for any damage caused to him by the failure to perform the contract or the improper performance of the contract unless the failure or the improper performance is due neither to any fault of that other party nor to that of another supplier of services,

There are then a list of reasonable reasons why the T.O. might not be at fault. Your situation isn't one of them.

Ring Ros a.s.a.p.

Just a thought, when you provided a credit card assurance how was that achieved ? Did they swipe the card ? Did they seek an authorisation code from your card issuer ? Might be worth checking this with your card provider to see if there's any "electronic trail" - this being further proof of the position you were placed in.

Please let us know the outcome.
Glad your suffered no ill effects (I hope).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.