Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I don't remember that Fiona, but I do remember when I first joined you had yet to go to Goa, and didn't completely see why everyone was so hooked, it only took one holiday didn't it!! :)
yes thats right- and now its 3 Goa holidays in 18 months( well 2 and a long weekend :rofl but thats another story!)
see, it just gets under your skin. I waiting to see if the same thing happens to my parents when they come with us at Christmas
its so long ago now Fiona!! but i think i remember it being part of the India thread :think how it has grown!!!

infact i was tidying up yesterday ready to leave and came across an xmas card i opened this July after i got home and it was from an old friend in London I hadnt seen for years and years, since i moved to Somerset/Goa, and she mentioned they had spent christmas and New yr in Goa!!! so i called her last night to say dont bother sending xmas crads here to me cos I am not here and it turns out she has been hooked on Goa going annually for the last 6 years!!! coincidence!! what a place it seems to hook anyone who goes!!! we are going to meet up there this year and catch up :)
chilly
I do... has it really been that long? The time has flown by..... It would be interesting to find out when I joined... I never look - blimey way back in 2004... That's just scarey... :really

Does any know when it split and became a grown up? Just curious....
been reading the site from 2005 love it
when goa gets under your skin it keeps you :) liz
I'm actually not quite sure if it was the end of 2004 or the beginning of 2005 that it progressed from a thread to the India forum. I had to delete about 30 000 posts from the forum at the beginning of the year and lost the "evidence".
Been reading most days since Beginning of 2005. Except for when in Goa for 2 months. Then i am breaing my neck to find an internet cafe! :ghug
The Goa forum has led the way in trip reports. We have has some great ones. Some links to reports can be found here :)
I haven't been a member as long as many others and I can't quite remember how I found HT, I think my OH did and pointed me in its direction (he rues the day now as I hog the computer) :D I was one of those who wasn't too sure if we would return so regularly to Goa however I have come to realise that change will occur whether I like it or not and that I go there because of the friendliness of not only the Goan people but of the other tourists too. We went to Tenerife years ago and didn't find the other tourists nearly as friendly, they stuck to their own groups. The first time we went to Goa in 1999 we made some good friends who we meet up with every year (and in the UK when the opportunity arises) in fact we all contact each other to see when everyone has booked just so that we WILL all meet up, they have even gone out of their way to attend special parties (two of the original people we met are coming over to Goa from Spain in March for my OH's 60th). As far as the members of HT go, they are equally as friendly and will also go the extra mile when asked for info etc., I FEEL the passion the Goa members have both for HT and for Goa when I am reading their posts and I feel proud to be part of such a lovely, friendly family. Thank you. :thanks :kiss Long may it continue.
I can't quite remember how I found HT, I think my OH did and pointed me in its direction (he rues the day now as I hog the computer)

Snap- my husband found HT first. He often wishes he hadn't told me about it :rofl
I found this forum by accident and found it to be more friendly and informative.

I had actually been reading another holiday type forum and this one was mentioned.

I also notice that unlike some other forums, if there is any nastiness, those being nasty do not last much longer following the incident.

I hardly read the other forum now as I have a feeling that most who used to go onto that one, now come here.
was doing a search for something else and came across this. Thought it was an interesting one to bring back :)
You got me looking to find out how long i'd been on here 2005 :wow can't beleive its been that long,although i've been going to Goa since 2000 my husband like hundreds of others curses H/T i'm never off this site but i've learn't alot through visiting this site all the useful tips and made lots of friends which i add to every year. Long may this site reign.. :tup
It has the helpfulist freindliest people better than any of the other holiday sites
the Goa site is ace :tup
here here!!!! :tup loads of friends and loads of info.. the best and most friendly forum ever!!
Chilly
i couldn`t agree more with grannypat,this has to be the friendliest forum,i havn`t been a member for that long,and i`m not great on the computer but i really look forward to having a read each day,we have a lot of friends that go to goa,and i`m always quoting things i read on here,and passing on advice etc. i also belong to another holiday forum where people will pick you up on spelling,punctuation etc.so different from here.it makes me think twice before posting a question.keep up the good work everyone.
Best Forum by a mile.Hardly a day goes by when I do not check in.Lets not forget Fiona who without a doubt has made it the huge success it is :cheers :cheers

Papa
it was really just about the changes there have been. It went from a thread on a forum, to an India forum and then to the Goa forum we know today.
We do have a friendly bunch, who can have a laugh, love to meet up but who will still welcome and help newcomers. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.