Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Happy memories
7 Posts
A month ago whilst we were still in Goa I was walking to the beach shack we use, to meet my brother. (hubby was laid up in the house with a bad dose of gout). At the end of the lane way just before reaching the short sandy stretch to the beach, I heard a crying noise and thought it was a cat but then spotted in near total darkness a really small puppy. I looked around for any sign of it's mother but not a dog in sight, so I picked up the pup and took it to the shack. It can only have been about 4 weeks old. Our friends at the shack gave him some milk and he was able to drink it.
As there was no sign of the mother we decided that it would be the new shack dog and our friends agreed to look after it when we were back in England. (They already have 3 german shepherds and 2 local dogs so they are definitely "doggy people")
Then to decide what we were going to call the pup! Lots of discussion, then brother said as the pups first meal at the shack was some sardine then we should call him Sarrdy which after a little more discussion became SADHU!
When we left Goa a week ago he was growing rapidly and eating and biting everything in sight. If I can find out how to put photos onto the forum I will put some pics of him on.
We can't wait to see how much he has grown when we go back in 5 weeks.
So that is our best memory from our last trip to Goa! :) :) :)
Ahhhh Squigs, thats lovely, do hope that little Sadhu is well when you return and I look forward to seeing the pics. You have given the little mite the chance of a better life - good on you :tup :)
Hi all :wave:
We had a wonderful time this holiday meeting all you great people from the forum
and having some really wonderful experiances GETTING ANDY ON THE BEACH with Jetti and Mags
and going for the fab meal at the Mira thanks to Jetti ,
Going to the meet at the why not and meeting happy like
minded friends :ghug
meeting Karen Godwin and co and going on Bettys and Sunny 3 and co
Having a drinking contest on the balcony with a Ukranian family god my head :duh
and our brilliant trip on Bettys
which was more of an adventure as the village and the taxis were on strike so they stayed an extra night with
IC and John and Polly and Nigel we had a lovely meal and a great laugh on our last evening :cry and as we left the restaurant
to get ready for our airport bus picking us up we actualy saw the moon and the 2 planets
i.e my avatar every time I see it I have really great memories
Pat :cheers
Thanks Grannypat, we too had a brilliant time and the Oriental [Mira Hotel] was outstanding wasnt it. The highlights for me were the whole of Nov 23, Mr England on the beach was a scream, and the night of the storm when we were all in Sendras. A big thank you to the staff in Sendras that night, they were amazing with what they had to contend with. :bow
one of the most amusing things i have seen whilst in goa,a family were staying at the same hotel as us who never lefft the poolside,they had a very fat son about 12 years of age who spent the whole of his time in the pool and over a fortnight he gradually turned green at first i thought i was mistaken but as his colour deepened it was obvious to all so much so that people referred to him as the green boy,on returning home i have mentioned this to others who go to goa and was i surprised when more than one said they had seen people turn green from in the pools,all i can think is something they put in the water
:really :yikes

I was thinking of spending time at the pool this yr rather than fighting the crowds down on the beach now i have to decide beach or return home GREEN :yikes

Pip
:rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.