Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Goa in June
6 Posts
Diplomacy,

Sorry to hear that your travel mate has backed out, isn't it annoying when that happens... It's also very daunting to travel alone anywhere, but once you start I'm sure you won't stop as it's lots of fun. India (If you haven't been before) can be a bit of a shock to the system, but if you just relax and don't worry about the little things it's such a nice place, cheap, friendly, safe... Goa especialy is very safe, more so than England anyway, you should be aware of the dogs which can be a pain, but I've not had a problem - just show them who's boss!

I will be in Goa in June although I will be returning to England for a 'holiday' for a few weeks but we do have lots of volunteers who are out here. Unfortunately most of the volunteers spend most their week teaching the children, but maybe some would be up for traveling at the weekend... A couple have just gone up to Mumbai this weekend for a little trip, you should also be aware that it will most probably started raining by then, so do bring something to keep you dry, preferably Gortex as when it rains it does have rain. Most of our volunteers are based around the Calangute Area and it's a good place to start as it easy (lots of things still open and quite busy), but traveling down to Palolim is also good, but not sure how muchwill be open. It depends what you want from your stay and how long you're staying....

All our contact details are on the link below (Children Walking Tall)
It definiately is daunting especially when you have planned for it such a long time. All of the sudden, she decided not to go and I don't want to cancel this trip! I know what you mean by India could be a bit of a shock but this would be my third visit there. I remember the first time I travelled there and stepped out of the airport, I was taken away but the rush and all the people. But, during my second visit I knew what to expect and I have never come across such kindness as I did in India!

Will look into your organisation and read further!

How much will it rain in June? Do the sun ever shine or am I hoping too much?

diplomacy
Just seen this.. June is very hit and miss... Sometimes the rain holds out till the end of June, someties it start at the begining, usually it rains on and off for a couple of weeks, then has a break for a week or two then starts for good.. It hasn't really started yet so I guess te monsoon will probably start middle of June this year (a complete guess by the way)
Rob.I would take a few days break if I were you, that was posted in 2006,you really are working too hard, :cheers Paula
I suppose the question is,

"Did Diplomacy ever get to Goa and how much rain was there."
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.