Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
June is an excellent time to visit Malta. Maybe the weeks that you are looking at are during school term?
Thanks Mark and Nicky, like you Say maybe its just cos' it's during term time.

Hope so! :D

Mrs Moo xxx :D
Hi Mrs Moo,

Never been in May or June but I'm assured that it really is a good time to visit Malta. I suppose prices are lower because it's not a popular time to go and as Mark and Nicky have said it is in school term time.

It also happens to be when most of our schoolkids are sitting their exams so it's even more unlikely that many people, ourselves included, would choose this time to take a holiday. However, when our son has left school I guess we'll take advantage of the cheaper prices and try a break in June.

If you do go let's know how you get on,

Trev
Hi there :wave We often go in May and June and we have never been dissapointed with the weather. the festas usually start late May and everything else is open. Have a great time
Malta is fantastic in June, the weather is great without being to hot but it is hot enough, this year was the first time in years that we haven't been in in June as we went to Tusacny instead but not a patch on good old Malta :love2 , but normal service will be resumed in 2006 as we have already booked for June (and February and September) :hyper

Sliema2
only downside of June is that the sea might not be warm enough to swim in (say 21-22C, the same as December - now its 24C), and there could well be jellyfish (although this year there are still jellyfish around). Other than that, I think May/June or Sept/Oct/Nov are probably the best time to visit
Thanks peeps!

June it is then! We are probably staying at the Maritim Antonine in Mellieha, in a suite, as it is cheaper than we thought it would be, we can afford a nicer room! :D Looking forward to it already!

I'll be back soon with more questions, as this is the first time we have been to Malta! :D

Mrs Moo xxx :D
only one thing you need to know - visit Gozo :D
Why visit Gozo, when Ghawdex is so much nicer 8)
Grazzi Mark :wave , mhemmx imnhiex Inti ukoll :glynis
Hi Charliegirl, "Grazzi Mark mhemmx imnhiex Inti ukoll " means
" Thanks Mark your welcome and you".

Regards
Sliema2
I got 2 of the words, and one of those was my name !
Being a hotelier Myself I can answer the original Question.

You will find that most of the hotels have a cheaper price between the 9th June and 5th July and this is beacuse of the World Cup in Germany in 2006!!!

I doubt there is another reason unless of course they have their own personal reason for this.
:wave hi there. Well thats the time to go then! My hubby can watch footy outside in a bar and I just sit outside in a bar. The celebrations when (if) England win are fantastic. We have been in Malta several times during 'big' matches and it beats being at home. I will definatelt be booking for then :lol:
But it deffinitely is a great big "IF", the sooner england get knocked out of these tournaments the better it is for the unfortunate countries they are playing in, the longer they stay in the worse the violence and damage to those cities becomes, my money's on either Germany, Brazil, or hopefully Italy ! :gluck Forza Il-Azzurrie :bow
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.