Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
goa-reviews
11 Posts
The mud baths at Arambol are a waste of time in my opinion and not up to much
thanks for your reply.

what would you recommend to do/see

:D
Hi laumore
Have a look at this thread on recommended trips- this should help!
Welcome to HT!
Agree - mud baths a waste of time.
Waterfalls good but it's a long bumpy trek in a the back of a 4x4.
The best way to see dolphins is to speak with one of the guys who operates a boat and charter it privately. If you can get 8 of you together you can have the boat all day and see dolphins as you sail up the coast stopping wherever you want. It'll only cost you about 700 rupees each for a great day.
Can't comment on the others!
You can usually see the dolphins a few times a week from your sunbed if you are lucky, all the dolphin trips will refund your money if you dont see them, a speedboat trip is fun, but a good day out is the Grande Island trip, you see the dolphins, snorkle off Grande Island, and then have a bar-b-q on a secluded beach called Monkey Island [No monkeys included]
cheers for everyones input.

the grand island one-did you book through daytrippers ive been reading about :D
I think it was day trippers, you will be given leaflets from them all, I think the price is much the same, may have some photos of the Grande Island trip.
:) Hi the best dolphin trip i went on was an early morning walk along the waters edge from Candolim to Calangute steps, a school of dolphins were so close to the shore line and leaping out of the water Steve and me sat and watched them for ages, they were obliviouse to us watching them, it was beautiful to watch them at ease, no amout of money could beat it.

jayne & steve :wave
sounds wonderful.

did you Go into Old Goa??

:)
:) we went into Old Goa the first year we were there and the churches were marvalous, the taxi driver we had was an excellent guide and full of information, if you go try to get a taxi driver that will do the same it will make all the difference.

jayne
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.