Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Will, I have been going to Bulgaria for many a year and have never been bothered by the " Mafia " Where do they live? I think people are filling your head with nonsense.
Holiday makers wouldn't know a mafia person if they stood next to one.
Where 'bouts in Bulgaria you going? There are a few adult clubs in Sunny Beach, such as Coyote Cowboy ( Just behind the Hotel Kuban on the main Road ) and strip clubs ( male and female ). You will see them advertised all over the resort.

:sun2 Toonman
thanks for the info toonman! maybe it was people trying to put us off. We're going sunny beach, Hotel Kalofer with escapades, heard some bad reviews about it, but hopefully won't be in the hotel much. Nice one, well the flights are a bit crap, so we get in bulgaria quite late, so going to be straight on the look out for a lapdancing club. Euro 2008 is on when we go, so hopefully will be a good atmosphere. We've heard about go-karting and the aqua park, are these reccomended? Can't wait to get started on the double measures!!!

Will x

:wave:
Hi Will.

Remember to be a little careful with the measures A malko measure is 50 gr. and a gulamm measure is 100 gr. so a large one is about 3 times your normal English measure. Enjoy
Hi Will,
The Kalofer is fairly well situated in the resort. If I remember correctly it has now gone 18-30 type of hotel so would expect some fun and games. :cheers
I wouldn't worry about the food as most hotels are rubbish ( Iberostar is an exception ). You will find loads of cheap places to eat whether you just want a kebap or a meal. English,local,chinese,indian,Mexican and even McDonalds.

:sun2 Toonman
Hi Will,

We've heard about go-karting and the aqua park, are these reccomended?

If you use the 'Search' function on this site for 'aqua park' & 'karting', you should find lots of posts about both, from memory.

To clarify "A malko measure is 50 gr. and a gulamm measure is 100 gr.", 'малко (malko)' and 'голямо (golyamo)' are the neuter forms of the Bulgarian adjectives 'small' & 'large' respectively - 50 grammes/50ml is the standard measure virtually everywhere in Bulgaria. The main word to remember is "Cheers!" (наздраве!/Nazdrave!) ;)

Baldur
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.