Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
New to Bulgaria
6 Posts
Hi theswo if you check the currency and atm locator thread in the Bulgaria forum you will find answers to your question. Do not take travellers cheques is the usual advice the commission is hefty.

Nels
as nels says traveller cheques the commision is high and you also have to produce your passport .English £10@£20 in good condition are accepted :cheers June
or you have time to get yourself a Nationwide Flexicard. best rates, no charges. I have just got my statement for early June. Hotel and Banks were giving 2.10 ..... my three withdrawals. 2.228....2.226....2.254
Tonyt.
Hi theswo,

Welcome to the board!

As everyone else has said, travellers cheques are not a good idea in Bulgaria.

See my post in the currency 'sticky' for daily updated (at least for the next couple of days until I go to Bulgaria myself) cash exchange rates in Bulgarian high street banks and the likely Nationwide Flex account Debit Card rate.

There is no commission, exactly like the UK - it's built into the exchange rate but at a much lower level than the alleged UK 'commission free' offers.

You will find the answers to virtually any currency-related question in the currency/exchange rate/ATM locator 'sticky' thread.
Thank you all for the advice, I guess English cash and a safe deposit box at the Hotel is the way ahead this time. If Bulgaria lives up to expectations and becomes a regular holiday then I may consider one of these Nationwide cards. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.