Hello folks,

Good comments on this post so far! To add my bit from another resident on the isle...

Ibiza has some of the most incredible natural spaces and views I've seen anywhere in Spain. Plenty of walks take you off the beaten track, but are stunning every time and give that lovely feeling of being somewhere quite secret and unspoilt. If you want a quick and easy one, get up to Sa Talaia, a 45min hike up out of San Jose, for the loftiest view on the isle.

The beaches, coastline and sea here are legendary. However, with around 200km of coast, there's always another gorgeous place you've not been to yet. My faves are the beaches near San Carlos (try Aguas Blancas), Cala D'Hort, the Sa Trinxa bar area and coves near the tower at the end of Salinas, Cala Salada and the deserted Cala Albarca. Benirras has already been mentioned and is worth seeking out.

Sundays are always green for me as I work at the Greenheart ecology center, Casita Verde, which is splendidly located in a nature-filled valley in the Benimussa area of the island. Every Sunday of the year it opens its doors to the public and you can see a variety of interesting eco projects in action, take a tour of the whole centre and enjoy fabulous local vegetarian food and drinks & juices made from homegrown aloe vera and carob. There is also live music playing from local musicians and the Greenheart team often organise ecological benefit activities here such as beach cleaning, recycling and tree planting. No one leaves uninspired from this true green gem of a place.

When you're ready for a drink, check out the sunset views from hostal la Torre with your cana, or Kumharas for super chilling (both in the San Antonio area). Or try the abundant cafes in D'Alt Vila, Sant Eulalia and the beach bar Sa Flama on playa S'estanyol in the San An bay.

Summer parties and clubs are now gathering pace, with all styles and sizes catered for. Keep up to date on the best happenings via the Ibiza-based culture and music radio shows on Ibiza Sonica (95.2FM in Ibiza or tune in to the stream via their website, some shows are in English).

And don't forget to check out the best two markets: San Jordi on Saturday mornings for bargains galore, or Las Dalias near San Carlos (all day Saturday) for a diverse range of clothes, music, jewelry and fluffy things!

If you avoid the tacky tourist traps and are willing to move around and support the small businesses, you'll discover the best of the island and it won't cost the earth...!

I currenly help organise a number of Green Ibiza Tours - 3 or 5 day breaks in Ibiza which provide much of the above activities and give you an insight into the true Ibiza.

Come and enjoy Ibiza and please respect the nature of this idyllic island.

Mike