Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
I imagine that your post has been moved as La Manga is not near Majorca, it is on the Costa Calida in the Murcia region of Spain.

There are 3 courses at La Manga the South, North and West. The South course is the usual championship venue.

All the courses are challenging, but nicely set out.

I am not sure what you are asking by ‘How many balls will I need?'"¦"¦Personally, I change to a new ball every third hole on average. So I would use 6 per round which then get allocated to my practice bag. If you are asking whether you will lose any, well"¦..that would depend on your standard of play. There is water that comes into play on some holes, so a 15 handicapper would probably have some difficulty.

La Manga and the surrounding areas are not cheap; you will have to be careful being there for 5 days with the equivalent of 450 Euro.

The best people to ask about a private transfer would be whoever you booked with. A taxi would cost well over 100 Euro from Alicante (La Manga's closest airport is Murcia San Javier), and if there are 4 of you with golf bags then I suspect that you will need 2 taxis. There may be the possibility of using a bus (or combination of buses)"¦"¦check on the CostaAzul website.

Also, I am not sure why you should be concerned by using your new clubs. Surely, that is what you brought them for, isn't it?
Are you a true 15 handicap player?......Sorry, I have to ask. The questions that you are asking indicate that perhaps you may not be, in which case there is the possibility (remote), that you may be asked to produce your handicap certificate before play, or asked to leave the course during play if it appears obvious that you are not of a competent level. The reason being that La Manga is one of the most prestigious golf resorts in Europe.
Take a look at http://www.clubmurcia.com it lists all clubs in and around the Murcia region giving lots of information and contact details.
hi oly daze i am just sending you this to say that your message was a bit harsh as like i said that i have never been there before. i may not be like you and not have the privlidge to go on any golfing holidays yet. as for my clubs i dont earn alot of money like some folk and they cost me quite abit.

i am a 15 handicaper hoping to get down to 10 this year so i dont think im all that bad

thanks chunk
Sorry you were a bit miffed by the reply that I took the time and trouble to answer. I must admit that I have read my original reply again and can't work out where I was being harsh. Perhaps it was where I asked if you were a true 15 handicapper?........but there again, my question was relevant to the information that I gave.

You have made it quite clear that you expect to lose a few balls during a round of golf and your experience of courses seem to be limited to playing those in your own country that perhaps have second rate fairways where a club can be damaged when taking a divot.

Under the fairway grass, here in Spain, the ground is hard through lack of rain (even though the fairways are regularly watered), so damage to clubs is a possibility. You may also get frustrated and chuck the whole lot into a lake"¦"¦who knows?

I wish you luck in reducing your handicap by 33% this year. For you that would be entirely possible, because if you were to just lose 2 less balls per round, you may very well reduce your score by 4 shots.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.