Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
one of my mates at work went on a cruise around the Med at the same time as we were in Cyprus..
He also went to Cyprus for a day and somewhere else in Greece. He told me Greece was really expensive... I said what more than Cyprus and he said yes probably... !

We are going back to Cyprus in August as we much prefer it to other places we have been... the main problem is the £ to the € which hopefully is going to pick up a bit .....
Cyprus is on another planet to zante a lot nicer, you wont regret it. i went to tsilivi a few years ago and the beach was naff, i hated it, i was sat on the balcony one night wishing i could be zoomed up and dropped on fig tree Bay, know thats a beach
Hi
Thanks both for your replies.
Feel a bit more positive now - just was a bit worried that we would be paying a lot, lot more for meals out although as we have a villa booked we will probably be eating out every other night.
We were in Tsilivi a few year ago and thought the beach was okay but to be honest I prefer sunbathing around a pool.
Husband and youngest son however like snorkelling so we will be visiting some beaches.
Thanks again and roll on 9 weeks tomorrow. :sun2
Irene
Ok so Cyprus is expensive, but I think most places are now due to the Euro, but the way I think of it is I would rather spend 1 Euro abroad then £1 in this country.
You won't regret Cyprus we have been visiting there since 97 and couldn't imagine goin anywhere else, it all depends where you eat, most restaurants do 3 course set menu's for about 15 Euro's each.
Whereabouts are you staying, once youve been to cyprus i dont think you will bother with zante again, i went to tsilivi in 2005 and hated every minute
15 euros for 3 course sounds good - mind you I would struggle with that - I usually have a starter and a main - not fussed on sweet things.
We are staying near Coral Bay about 10 mins walk away.
We stayed at a lovely place on Zante - Amoudi. Very quiet but the family who owned the apartments are lovely - would like to return but as you say have not been to Cyprus yet?
8 weeks on Sunday and counting down..............
Irene
If you're staying in Coral Bay try Phideas Taverna which is just off the main road as you turn onto the Coral Bay 'strip'. You'll see the signs pointing to the place which is a few yards down a small hill.
The owner is a character - they advertise as 'Great food, working on the service!'.
Food is very good and it's a fun place to eat.

A couple of the restaurants along the strip are now doing set menus which are reasonable. Try Seriani, which always has excellent food and is well worth a visit.
Thanks for the information. Will make a note of those.
2 weeks today and we will be on our way to Cyprus.
Irene
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.