Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: hays travel
35 Posts
Ahh I never realised that - thank you :)
Just rang them enquiring about the holiday I want and she rang me back once she'd got the details for me and it was a little bit cheaper than the online price - is this usual?
blossom
there will be a desk/ office in the airport for your coach company(is it resthoppa)then show your voucher and off you go
regards tracey
Thank you Tracey. Will that be the same for private Taxi as that is what we got included in our holiday quote?
If its a private taxi they will hold your name up on a board they stand just outside the doors at departures yes you will need your voucher , hope this helps .
I still haven't booked but am very aware that the holiday I want is selling out fast! It's simply because I haven't heard of Hays before and I don't want to lose my money :( I'm scared to be honest! LOL am I silly?

I've looked at booking direct with the hotel I want and buying flights separately but it's more expensive and that's not including transfers :(
Help/reassurance needed please.
Well Blossom we use a private taxi everytime and have never been let down , go for it and enjoy .
Thanks for that!

I've just done a search for reviews on Hays Travel and all have been awful - advising not to book with them and saying that they will never use them again - now I am in even more of a dither :(
Blossom,I have used Hays for over 20 years and never had a problem with them.
They are an agent who book package holidays for the big tour companies such as First Choice,Thomsons and Thomas Cook and always beat their prices.
I have been on holidays where they have booked the hotel,flight and transfers separately which have also been competitively priced.
I have also used their home agents who were also very good.
I wouldnt let a couple of bad reviews put you off.
I am in dispute with Thomas Cook over my May holiday but have since been away with them and I am going away next week with Thomas Cook as the price is right :tup
If there is a great difference in their price and others I would get it booked. :tup
Thanks Jay - again :)
Maybe the holiday that I want is through TC anyway? As it's a TC flight?

Why can we not book onto the TC transfers straight to the hotel - do you know?
Hi Blossom,I am not sure why you cant book onto the transfers from the airport ,but when Hays booked a Thomson flight and a hotel separately for us they have always booked the Thomson transfer for £15.
Is the holiday they can book a package or are they putting the holiday together separately for you?
Have you got a Hays Travel shop near you or have you seen the holiday on Hays website/Teletext pages :que
Because their main office is in our town I am very happy to book with them but I understand your reluctance.
If you can chance waiting until January 3rd maybe the Thomas Cook package holiday will be reduced in the January sale at a Thomas Cook travel shop,and may even be cheaper than what you have been quoted.Jay
Hiya :)
TC have sold all of their family rooms :(
As far as I know it's a package - it's on their site.

11th April for 14 nights to the Lago Taurito Hotel in Playa Taurito - Gran Canaria. 2 adults and 2 kids aged 15 and 11.
I would ring Hays(sorry if you already have) and ask them who they are booking the hotel with and ask them why you cant go on the Thomas Cook transfer.
The weeks you are wanting to go are presumably school holidays so the family room get booked more quickly.
I have used taxis from airports booked by holiday companies and they usually have you name on a placard just outside of arrivals.
I have found they are also prompt on the pick up time for departures,and have very nice cars,sometimes Mercedes(or have I just been lucky) :rofl
Yeah it's the Easter school holidays. My boys school won't let have time off during term time and of course the prices go way up then too!!

I will give them a ring tomorrow and ask what you have suggested :) Thank you again.
Hi Blossom,

Not sure if this is of any use but the Paradise Lago Taurito Aparthotel & Aquapark still have family rooms available through Thomas Cooks sister site hotels4u.com.

You will need to source your own flights but may be well worth a look as it may be cheaper for you putting it together separately.

Let us know who you get on

Cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.