Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
hays travel
35 Posts
Hi Tracey :wave:

Hays Travel is a large & well known independant travel agent that has been in business for many years. A quick search (use the search tab at the top of the page) shows their name coming up in many posts so it would be worth just taking a look at that.

There is a dedicated topic for them but it is a couple of years old now http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/hays-travel-agents-t58350.html

Just incase you haven't already looked THIS is their website that provides more info on the company.

Graham
Hays are the largest Independent agency in the UK.Their head office is in my town and I have used them a lot.
I usually book holidays from their Teletext pages and they are unbeatable on price.
They also book Thomson and Thomas Cook holidays at competitive prices. :sun2
thanks for the advice my son has booked a holiday with hays now for a good price. :tup
he got a email from hays saying he could check booking online, typed in ref no etc. kept saying wrong details. so my son phoned to see what the problem was and they had his first name instead of his surname on the booking(good start).
the man changed details so my son was able to see online booking. he's not had confirmation yet hope this is correct when it arrives as this will include voucher (i assume hotel voucher) which he will have to present at hotel on arrival.
and let's hope his flight tickets come in the correct name.
i must admit the man on the phone today changed details straight away but he had only booked 2 days ago hope in another 2 months time when tickets arrive if they are in the wrong name they don't start trying to charge for a name change, as this was all a error by the person who took down the details on the phone. he even double checked the spellings will her and it was still wrong.
my son has now recieved booking confirmation in the post which includes a hotel voucher but no resortthoppa transfer voucher, it does say on the invoice transer with resthoppa but no actual voucher so do you just show the driver this letter or is he missing a voucher and does he need to contact them again.
this is a nuisense i'm glad my holiday is with thomas cook
Get in touch with them , your son needs his transfer voucher if its possible ask them to e mail it to you then print it out .
We used this company to go to turkey highly recommended! No trouble at all. We had slight blip of our own fault we lost our printable etickets for flight home, and spent evening trawling internet cafes and non would let us print. In the end we rang them and explained they said they would get back to us, withing next 24hours. The next morning we got up and under our hotel room door was a faxed copy of our etickets.
I think they trade under a few other names..
and they were quite cheap prices :tup
Hays Travel are the largest independent travel agent in the UK.
They are based in my town and I have used them since 1980 when they had just one small shop in a small mining village.
Mr Hays bought Freedom Direct when they went bust last year.
Purple holidays say they are part of Hays but they are only sell holidays on Teletext.
I have recommended them on HT many times and as they are independent they sell holidays from every tour operator. :sun2
my son went on holiday with them and all went smoothly. i've been pricing up holidays myself with them as the prices are good.
They are one of the few travel agents to give discounts to families taking their holidays during the school holidays.
they were dated June 2009 so I assume they are still ok
they were dated June 2009 so I assume they are still ok
If you use the 'search' facility at the top of the page you will find them positively mentioned in many different recent topics.
Hays Travel are the largest Independent Travel agent in the UK.
I have booked many holidays with them as their head office is based in my town. :tup
They are also very competitive on prices.
Thanks for pointing me in the direction of this thread :)
Can anyone tell me about the tranfers - is it a Taxi or ???? That is what I worry about - if there is no-one there to take us to the hotel and bring us back to the airport at the end of the holiday! :)
hi blossom
it depends on how much you what to pay the cheapest option ill be a coach(shuttle) and you normally have to phone them 24 hours before you return to confirm you want picking up
regards tracey
Thank you. The shuttle transfer was added to my holiday quote. So it will be there waiting for us at the airport on our arrival will it?

Miss Panic Pants here lol!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.