Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi Kate,

Can you give us an outline of your complaint, it will enable us to help you better.

Welcome to HT

Chris
We turned up to our accommodation in crete to be told that we didn't have a booking because the company didn't pay or went bust, I think it was hays beds that Loveholidays booked it through, they did sort alternative accommodation the next day but it wasn't the place we wanted, we had chosen that hotel expecially, plus they never changed our transfers, Loveholidays blamed hays travel n vica verca until hays travel stated to me that Loveholidays was to do a full investigation n get back to me which they haven't done.
Hi Kate,

Its sounds like your original booking may have been with a supplier of Loveholidays/Hays Beds whom went into administration earlier this year. The supplier was called Holiday Brokers. If you check your booking confirmation documents or ATOL certificate you were supplied it might say Holiday Brokers on there.

If the above is the case then it is odd you weren't informed before you travelled. However, be aware that hoteliers can be tricky devils, occasionally overbooking themselves intentionally then blaming the supplier/agent for the problem and making up reasons.

Under the ABTA code of conduct Loveholidays must respond to your complaint within 28 days from receiving your original correspondence. However, that they are permitted to take ANOTHER 28 days, but they must write to you and say they require a further 28 days to respond fully. Once they have had 56 days the MUST respond to your complaint, no matter if they are 'investigating' it. Does that make sense?

Loveholidays are part of the Hays Travel Independence Group, if you have issues with loveholidays, then you need to go to their head office - but please bear in mind the time frames I have mentioned.

Chris
Hays Beds are a bedbank (accommodation supplier) so I'd have thought it unlikely they'd have booked accommodation via another bedbank, although Hays Travel group do use other bedbanks beside their own. As Chris said, check your Atol certificate for the accommodation suppliers name.

Hotels overbook all the time, and when they have to bump someone it's the people that pay cheap rates through bedbanks that suffer. It's not unusual for them to pass the blame on to someone else!
Thanks for your reply, Regarding the owner of the hotel he was great and showed us correspondence from him to them stating there wasn't any such booking and he was as shocked as us that we hadn't been informed. Funnily enough I have just received an email from hays travel apologising for the delay that said she was waiting for a decision from management, only a few minutes later another email asking about the receipts that I was supposedly going to send in! There has not been any mention of receipts in any of the emails sent from them. Strange how I put a post on here and near enough straight away hear from them.
Well hays travel has just offered me £100 as a way of apologising
Well hays travel has just offered me £100 as a way of apologising

Is £100 acceptable to you? if it is are they offering it as a credit or a refund? If I was you I wouldn't accept a credit and insist it is a refund which you can then use and spend with whom you wish and not being tied to booking with them again.

Graham
It's supposed to be a cheque/refund they are sending however '2-3days' has soon gone by n they have gone quiet again ..
virgkate wrote:
It's supposed to be a cheque/refund they are sending however '2-3days' has soon gone by n they have gone quiet again ..

As it was only offered on Friday afternoon a cheque is not going to arrive yet. Did they say they'd get back to you, or were they just going to issue a cheque?
Perhaps it's [ the cheque ] in the post ;) Or perhaps someone took their work home and the dog has eaten it ?
Or payment can only be made when the planets align and that is only twice a year :que
I have a similar problem with Love holidays who took my booking for a 5* hotel in Sharm only for me to have to book out of the hotel after 4 days due to terrible service, dirty bedding, no water from the shower, leeking toilet, lack of dinning area, no air conditioning in 40degress.. They have ignored my written complaints for over 3 months. They tell me the supplier is Hays beds but will not respond when I ask for details. I have now got to the point when I have taken out a court summons to recover my money.

This company is a disgrace I would not recommend anyone travel with them until they change their bad habbit of ignoring complaints and advertising on their website a 5* hotel which there are many complainants telling of the terrible conditions in the hotel.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.