Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I stayed at the Osborne in April this year and went with Thomas Cook. There were only Phases II and III available to book with them then. Think it is Phase II that has reception. I stayed in Phase III which is across a small road from Phase II. I believe that Phase I is the furthest away from reception. Unfortunately, I can't tell you what it's like though as never ventured over there.

After reading some reports on the Osborne I was led to believe that some of Phase I was privately owned??? Don't know how accurate that is though. Sorry I couldnt have been of more help.
Sorry, meant to say that some of the rooms in Phase I were privately owned.
hi
we've stayed in osbourne phase 1 twice over the past 4 yrs last time being last december 2006. phase 1 is furthest from the main reception but has its own little reception & also own pool & teeny bar. ( but you can use all the hotels pools & bars)the block we stayed in both times has big rooms - you get a large living room plus bedroom,bathroom & 2 balconys (we've seen/been in 5 rooms in the block with our travel party) they are typical goan 2-3 star ie: not flash but we liked it. there was no aircon avail in these rooms but they had fans. there are privately owned rooms as said & a lot of these seem to be around the pool we've never been/seen them. i personally would not expect to pay extra for these rooms although you do get loads of space. there is also one room that we saw in this phase ( ground floor 1st room on the left- i think it was room D1X) that is a teeny horrible dump with a bathroom so small that you can hardly turn around in it, we refused it right out, but did see other holidaymakers put in there(didnt have the heart to tell them it must be the worst in the hotel as they seemed happy enough)
im sorry i cant give you newer info about possibility of refurb (i would doubt it though!!!) but hope this helps. probably the travel companies are just trying to cash in on the fact you do get a mini apartment.
Hi

Thanks for all your replies, I have just received an answer from Thomas Cook & they are stating the rooms have just been refurbished & now have air con.

We don't stay there till next March but are going to Goa in Dec, so will check out.

Will let you know the outcome

Thanks
AJ
:wave Ameliajane there will be a good night going on in molly malones on the 17th of march St Patricks night ..will you be in Goa at that time :?: gemma33.. polly50...walks....shirleyV. candybaby ..the list goes on they will be there and I cant wait it would be fun it you were there too ...colleen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.