Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Mark,

We (myself, wife & daughter) had our first Turkey hols 2 years ago in Olu Deniz - this year we went back again, but this time opted for Hisaronu. We absolutely loved both holidays, but here's our view of the two resorts:

Olu Deniz is a smaller resort, fewer restaurants & bars etc, but obviously right on top of the beautiful lagoon.

Hisaronu is larger, hence a greater choice of eating out, shops etc etc. We ate somewhere different each of our 14 nights, and still had plenty of other places we didn't get a chance to try (maybe next time!!).

We did find when we popped back to Olu this year during our stay in Hisaronu, we tended to be hassled a bit more in Olu, but that might be due to the fact that we visited on the same day that there was an influx of new arrivals - if they don't recognise your face, they assume you've just arrived and want to get you straight into their restaurant...

Also, we found the prices slightly dearer in Olu, presumably as there's not as much competition as there is in Hisaronu.

A taxi from Hisaronu to Olu cost us about 14 TL, and our Hotel laid on a free daily minibus to their private beach, so that wasn't a problem as far as we were concerned.

All in all, we'd go back to both resorts at the drop of a hat! We'd choose Olu if we specifically wanted to be going to the lagoon on a regular basis, and we'd opt for Hisaronu for the wider choice.

As for apartments, we stayed in St Nicholas Park Apartments in Hisaronu. There's plently of good write ups on these apts on here. We had a great time, the apartments were nice & spacious, although I think we got a bum deal compared to some others we saw, as ours was directly under the pool, so we could hear people diving in & dragging sunbeds around above us!! We'd still recommend it though as the hotel itself was spotless and the staff were excellent.

Hope that helps?
i agree with some of the things gav has said except the hassle bit i found hisaronu more hassly than olu deniz, i personally prefer olu as its slightly quieter and more picturesque and i love to look at the scenery and sea, its only 5 mins away on the dolmus between them anyway, hisaronu is slightly cheaper to eat out and more choice of restaurants and shops, hotels or apts are also cheaper to stay in at hisaronu generally than olu deniz, but olu deniz wins for us, everyone is different and it just depends where you would rather be to where is best for your family
I think you have to decide where you need to be near for your choice of holiday, obviously Olu Denize if you must be beside the beach, or Hisaronu if the nightlife is more important, we chose Hisaronu and loved every minute of it, Olu Deniz was a bit to quiet for us although a very pretty resort, as quoted before the Dolmus between resorts is so frequent its not a worry, we stayed at the Moutain Valley apartments, we booked direct with the owner, its a block of 6 apartments with a private pool and restaurant absolutely fantastic. The owners Sally & Adem are the perfect hosts and make your holiday a first class one.
We love Olu but are not too fond of Hisoronu as it is a little over the top on the British element. Yes Olu is a lot quieter with being smaller but hop on a Dolmus and you are in Hisoronu are Fethiye if you want more shops and nightlife.

GG
I personally really like Hisaronu - but then I do stay in a hotel far enough from the main streets to not hear the night life!

During the day it's easy peasy to jump on a Dolmus to Olu or Fethiye for a different/quieter day out - which is what we tended to do.

But for the evenings Hisaronu has much more choice. You could eat in a different place for breakfast, lunch and dinner for 2 weeks and still not have eaten in all the restaurants!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.