General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I should imagine you will be ok, as when my sister in law paid her deposit she was over a week late paying - but she did know the girl in First Choice.

She is always a little slap happy, and its not the first time she has been late. But please do not count on it.
:D I'd have said yes too! (But do ring up and check).

Was told by a travel agent, that they always date the outstanding balance 2 weeks before it is actually due!.

I think there was a simialr post to this before where the member could not pay (Until a later date), and from what I remember, everything turned out okay for them!

Good luck.
I had a low deposit arrangement for my airtours booking for next summer. I did notice that if I didn't pay the balance of the deposit on the due date, the paperwork said they would automatically charge a 25 pound late payment fee. :shock:
Hope you get it sorted.
The tour ops are doing low deposits with no strings attatched, cancel the holiday and all you lose is the low deposit. Travel agents like travelcare offer a low deposit where the balance of the deposit is due 8 weeks later. Thomas cook have been doing a £25 low deposit, and thomsons do a £50 low deposit.

When booking with a low deposit just get in writing when the rest of deposit is due. Then if there is a error on the date it will be the travel agents fault.
But when I cancelled my recent cruise I still had to pay the remaining deposit.....how long has that policy been in force, just losing the low deposit?
sunseeker1

I think thomas was first to bring it in this summer and I checked with thomas cook travel agents. On thomsons home page it states £50 deposit for thomson plus holiday and when you look into the terms and condition of the low deposit it says if you cancel you will not pay anymore than the deposit.

Did you take out a low deposit with a travel agent, if so you would have pay the balance. Who did you book with and when. Thomsons didn't start the low deposit until around august.
The low deposit payment through Thos Cook on a Thomson holiday, may be an agreement they have set up, where Thomsons will 'honour' the lowe depsoit if cancelled.

However, I have never heard it done on a cruise holiday.

Kath HT Admin
Ok then maybe not so bad. We were due to cruise August so the dates of payments were obviously before that time, and as you said you have not heard it with the cruises - it was a thomsons cruise.

Thanks for researching that :)
Hi sunseeker :D

I think what 'can't' is posting is a bit misleading.

Over the years I have taken many low deposit deals, and you have always had to pay the balance of your deposit if you cancel.

It is possible I suppose that Travel agents and TO's may do special deals when bookings are slow. Where a low deposit is just that with a full balance payable 8 weeks prior to departure. But I would say these are the exceptions rather than the rule.

Doe
Thanks Doe :wink: Hope you are well also xx
hi, well i phoned them today and asked if i could make the payment on the 8th nov and they were fine about it no problem at all the lady said....big load of my mind lol...xxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.