Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Will they accept a credit card payment and you can pay this off when your shares come through?
unfortunately haven't got that avenue available at the moment as all maxed out, due to me havin lots of time off work and husband bein laid off.

I have no avenues unexplored, just need advice on if anyone knows whether they would give us a couple of weeks extra?
Why not call into one of the First Choice Travel Agents in town and get them to ring through again whilst your there, at least then you'll have the back up from the girl in the shop. If it's a winter holiday then I'm sure FC will allow a few weeks delay for payment.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Hi Kgiles,

You really shouldnt worry to be honest. I used to work for Tui/FC for a long while and extentions on the low deposit due date were common. I really would just pick up the phone, explain to the consultant the situation and assure them money will be with them in 2 weeks. Honestly, its in their best interests to keep the booking live, esp if the deposit is that much the total figure must be pretty nice and would make a hefty dent in their cancellations/sales if they were to cancel for something as trivial as that.

Wheres abouts in Somerset are you? I too am in Somerset and have a few friends scattered in FC offices that might be able to put your mind at rest.

But really, don't worry.

Tom xx
i am near minehead, they have a first choice there, shall i pop in?

It would be a huge worry off my mind, we are going to be quite well off in a few weeks but right now skint!! lol! :que
Yes, do it. Just explain to them the situation and I'm willing to bet it will be no problem at all.
They won't want to loose the business anymore then you don't want to cancel :)
Let us know how you get on.

Txx
I don't think it will be a problem, as long as you can give them a firm date that is not too far past the due date and then pay them at that time they are usually very accommodating, however make sure that you do pay them on or before the date you give otherwise they may cancel your holiday.

Contact them and ask for the extension, I have had to do this before and as long as I told them and paid on the date they just added a note to file and were fine about it :tup
Graham
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.