Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Oh dear. These sort of scams turn up fairly regularly - where you pay what seems a reasonable amount upfront (usually some sort of admin cost) for a free holiday. Trouble is it never seems to be the bargain it seems - as you mention, travelling in the offseason or from an airport a long way from where you live etc.

I am really sorry, but the best thing is to chalk your £99 down to experience and try to help others not fall for the same ploy. It is most unpleasant (especially with a youngster) to lose that sort of money, but I'm afraid that's what these firms bank on - your paying the money and then never taking up their offer.

Are you sure there's no way you can help your little one enjoy the holiday - counting the dogs in the pictures in an art gallery or something?
Or would she accept being in her buggy but with mummy and daddy to spend extra time with her? Perhaps all is not lost?
If you paid the deposit by credit card, get onto your credit card company and explain what happened. They "might" refund your money and take the company to task. The major credit card companies are now getting fed up with these type of companies and are taking action in some cases.

Mike
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.