Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Not sure that the internal flight would'nt invalidate her transiting the country and bring her visa into play, but I'm no expert on a convoluted journey like this.
I cant believe that this journey would in fact be cheaper than a straight Uk- Dubai ticket, it does'nt seem to make sense to me.
Alan
Kingfisher, Jet, Air India, Emirates and Qatar all fly from Goa to Dubai ;)
The original post mentions direct flights from Goa to Dubai, only Air India, I think, fly directly, and its not, or did'nt used to be,a daily flight, only once or twice a week , I think. I got on it once in goa , as at that time its route was Dubai- Goa - Cochin, to fly down to Cochin. It was used mainly bt returning workers from Dubai going home and was jam packed with TVs and what not, and the catering left a lot to be desired. Dont know if it's still the same now, with the downturn in the Dubai workforce.
Alan
GoanMad Tony wrote:
Kingfisher, Jet, Air India, Emirates and Qatar all fly from Goa to Dubai ;)

Obviously they can all be used if going via Mumbai I was referring to direct flights from Goa to Dubai that could connect with flights to the UK! was only aware of Qatar doing this
Another route worth considering is Goa to Bangalore then with Emirates to UK via Dubai.
Nobody seems to be addressing the original post. I'd be interested to hear anybodies views on it, as it seems rather an odd way to go about it to me
Alan
I would have thought this would be treated as "in Transit" but you could check with someone like Visagenie? - I used them recently to get our Goa Visas and they were really helpful.
Nigelfoxy wrote:
I would have thought this would be treated as "in Transit" but you could check with someone like Visagenie? - I used them recently to get our Goa Visas and they were really helpful.

"In Transist" means you have not cleared immigration so the question of visas would not arise, however in order to take a domestic flight you would have to clear immigration and the 60 day rule would apply.
I have just found out that as long as you have a printed itinary, stating that you will not be spending any longer than 7 hours in each airport, and you already have the tickets, you are cleared at customs, they just stamp your passport. No problems.
With the best will in the world I cant believe that the journey your friend is planning can possibley be cheaper than a simple single London-Dubai ticket. I hope she's not made a mistake. As with the loop through India, i fear the actual practice may be less simple tha that. The local officials in India pay scant attention to the rules !! Rater her than me
Alan
Find this topic farcical, if you arrive at Mumbai and wish to take a domestic connection you have to clear immigration, (Where you will need a valid visa) you will have to collect your baggage, you will have to clear customs and you will have to take a bus to the domestic terminal can't see how this can be "In Transit" but I suppose nothing is impossible :tongue

gayleanne what airline is you friend travelling with?
She has done it now, when she flew into Mumbai they just stamped her passport no questions asked, she then flew into Goa, and changed the dates of her flights to Dubai, so she is now in Goa for the next week, before flying on to Dubai. The immigration officers have the discretion to let any traveller enter and leave 3 times on the same visa, with out a re-entry visa, and many of them are not 100% clued up on how the 2 month rule is applied. She flew with Jet airways.
I did'nt understand it before , I'm now totally confused. Never heard of anybody spending a week in transit, nor did I realise Jet did the Goa-Dubai leg . Certainly any ticket that allowed a change in flight dates of a week, was'nt a cheap ticket, but one thats called, Open Jaw, I believe, and that would add a lot to the ticket price, so it would be impossible to make all these flights, cheaper than a single Heathrow- Dubai ticket, which was the whole purpose of this exercise, so somebody is not telling us the whole picture, i fear.
Alan
So now she's flying back up to Mumbai from Goa to pick up a flight to Dubai with Emirates, as they dont fly fro Goa. This whole thread has obviously been a load of nonsense as I've suspected from the first post. Apparently, your friend has flown Heathrow-Mumbai-Goa-Mumbai-Dubai with Jet and Emirates, to save money, over a simple Heathrow-Dubai flight. As well, shes used her tourist visa , with which she'd recently stayed in Goa with, for a holiday, less thann two months ago, to transit through Mumbais immigration, onto a domestic flight, and then just stopped off in Goa for a week, still on her tourist visa, before coming back through the immigration at Mumbai, still on this tourist visa, and on to Dubai. !! Somebody is kidding someone on here, and wasting everyones time.
Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.