General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Who packed your parachute for you? :rofl
:yikes Oh I remember that Fiona!!!!! ..BUT...you survived didn't you? LOL x
Yes BB- husband keeps reminding me how little you actually need to pack :rofl
select a seat at the back, they are the safest,,,,, well have you seen an aircraft back into a mountain :rofl
Something to keep the family occupied. I couldn't board a plane without my Kindle (or a book) & Ipod. Hubby likes a puzzle book.

Nibbles - nothing better than having a good rummage in your bag for crisps, sweets, sandwich & drink ;)

Wetwipes - You tend to get a bit dehydrated on the flight so these are a welcome bonus to freshen yourself up with before you disembark.

Wear comfortable clothing, nothing worse than being in tight jeans etc. No belts if possible, as it'll slow you down at security and could 'dig' in on the flight.

Slip on shoes/sandals, invarably you have to take them off at security, plus you can slip them on and off on the plane should your feet swell.
I always take a pashmina and comfy socks for the plane as I like to take my shoes off on the flight plus a pashmina can be used to wrap up in and keep warm or to roll up and use as a pillow.
Appreciate your fellow passengers as you're going to be couped up together for a fair while...

Don't get drunk and loud.
Don't shout down the aisle to one another.
Don't recline your seat without asking the person behind if they mind.
Don't kick the seat in front or allow your children to do so.
Don't use the seat in front as a grab handle to heave yourself out of your seat.
Try and remain within the confines of your own seats width.
Make sure you have a bath/shower/wash/spray deodorant before flying.
Don't fart/burp etc
Don't use the toilets to do your make-up unless there is no one else queing.
DO NOT pee on the floor in the loo.
Don't assume the person next to you wants to chat.
Don't be rude if the person next to you keeps chatting.
Don't treat the cabin crew like slaves.
Don't have your music so loud that everyone nearby can hear it.
Get your passport/tickets etc out ready before you get to the desk/gate/security check
Listen to the safety briefing and read the card, it is important.
Obey the seat belt sign.
Don't stand in the aisle when boarding, put your bag in the overhead and sit down so everyone else can get by.
Make sure your luggage is not overweight.Same for hand luggage as the airlines and airports are very strict these days and some charge £12 per kilo for overweight baggage, :yikes
This may sound silly, but not to worry! As you know I flew, embarrasingly for the first time in March, and I felt like in the end, there was nothing to be scared off, well, I'm not exactly a person to show myself up too in front of a crowded plane which helps.
Read what the airline weight restrictions are and what you can/can not carry.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.