Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
The may not spot it or they may spot it once they do an audit of their accounts.

Question for you: if you were refunded short, what would you have done?

This is more a question of morality. One you can only answer.

Mark :)
If this is a reputable T/o you wouldnt necessarily loose half that deposit unless the whole holiday was cancelled.

Last year my sons ex girlfriend was on our holiday booking with TC . They broke up which obviously meant I had to take her off the booking . I expected that we would loose the deposit paid (£130) but we didnt , only had to pay a £25 admin charge because we hadnt actually cancelled the holiday .

This year new girlfriend and I have just added her to our cuba booking which she is paying herself. Told her she would have to pay a deposit of £130 (again TC) that would be non-refundable . Thomas cook didnt want it and when I checked if she would still be liable for it if they broke up the answer was no, not unless our whole booking was cancelled..

So it may be perfectly fine but if it were me I would hold on to it for now and give it back once you have had your holiday if all is well.
I booked, paid in full and received confirmation etc for a holiday last week but the TO cancelled later in the day due to it being advertised at too low a price on their site. My money was taken from my account that day and 10 days later, I am still waiting for it to be refunded! You can imagine the time and money spent on the phone trying to sort this out.

What would have happened if I had cancelled the holiday? I am sure I would have lost more than the deposit but TO's can do whatever suits them!
Sometimes when a lot of changes are being made to a booking the tour operator will cancel down the original booking at £0 and show the loss of deposit or admin charges on the new booking. Not sure if this makes much sense but that is what they may have done. Although they have refunded the deposit from the original booking check your new invoice to see if it shows the loss of deposit on there. They may have charged you for it/added onto the cost of your new holiday booking.
I booked a holiday last October with Thomson. I also had a voucher for £50.00 which I presented when paying the deposit. I received an email to advise that the balance of £766 was due on 13th March. Last Saturday I called at the shop to pay this and their system showed £716. According to their screen when the booking was called up the £50.00 had been entered wrong and the booking had been amended to correct this. They have in effect applied the voucher twice. I have said I will pay this when they sort it out. The system would only accept £716. The view of the staff is forget it. If they do not pick it up then it is their fault.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.