Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hi familyman,
I don't understand why there have been bad reports about Santa Susana (have read them too) because I think it is OK, basically it is not a town or village that became a resort, such as lloret or tossa, it is just a stretch that was kind of stuck on to the end of malgrat to make a resort!

True, there is not much to see, (but Malgrat is only a 10 minute walk) and the beach is not child friendly, but that is true of most of the costa brava resort beaches.

For a quiet relaxing holiday, I would choose north of tossa. The beaches are more suitable for children, probably not too much in the way of excursions, would be the type of holiday where you sunbathe through the day, have a few hours in the evening in a local bar or restaurant and go to bed at 11 and get a good nights sleep.

If you want a lively time with pubs, noise, plenty of activities for the kids, then I would opt for lloret or callella. Maybe something in between? Blanes, Santa Susana or Malgrat, Tossa (but bear in mind although tossa is lovely, to get anywhere else, due to the limited public transport - is a pain) or Pineda. The Los Pinos area of Blanes is lively with kids activities close by and a good selection of family bars.

Hope that has been some help, I would let your accomodation choices make your mind up at the end of the day - July is not going to be the easiest time to get cheap accomodation, so maybe you should let that make your decision for you...i.e if you manage to get reasonable accomodation in lloret, well then go to lloret?

Hope you have a great time wherever you decide

Debbie
Have you considered the possibility of going to castell montgri in estartit, theres plenty for kids to do on site and 3 pools to choose from one of which has slides.

even if you want to have a look at a website for accommodation go to:-

http://www.lifestyle-holidays.co.uk/

and

http://www.redcrestholidays.net/

J
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.