Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
hi fizzy, i can report on the weather as i have been late sept/ early october for the last 3 years. the worst weather we had was when we arrived 7th oct for two weeks and had maybe one night and a couple of odd hours of rain in a fortnight. other than that its pretty much 27- 32 degrees. At night,late on ,it can get slightly cool,maybe 16 degrees and if you sit outside you may want to wear a light jacket. this year we're going from the 24th sept to 7th oct and expect it to be as hot as you can stand for the most of it :) :cheers . put it this way, last year in the first week of october the glue on my sunglasses melted and the lens fell out!!
We were in Protaras last year last week of Sept and 1st week of Oct. it was about 30 the whole time, I was roasted as I don't tan lol. Never seen any rain. It was warm enough to sit outside to eat/drink at night , never needed a jacket etc.

We are going back in the 1st week of October this year and can't wait!
We are of to Protaras on 8th October,Have been there four out of the last five years at this time,It has rained but never enough to spoil more than an hour or so.
Hi
We went to Protaras the first week in October last year, it was lovely weather, hotter than I had expected around 80s plus. It rain once while we were there for about an hour, very heavy but soon moved on.
The reps at our hotel were really excited about the rain as they had not seen any for months, they even lay on the sunbeds eventhough it was torrential.
:) M
thanks everyone for your replys they have set my mind at rest. :tup
and made me :rofl thinking about the reps on the sunbeds I doubt very much they would do that in sunny Leicester :D. I think we've decided upon the Iliada Hotel and going all inc with the price rises it might be a safer bet to go all inc. Anyone been there? I have read some very good reviews about this hotel. I was thinking about Tsokkos gardens but being on the beach would be better probably. Also reading between the lines it shouldn't I hope ,be so busy being in the heart of things in October. I cant wait to book now :hols hope that those of you are going soon have a brilliant time.
Helen :wave:
Also off to Protaras on 8th October for a week.as per last few years. Weather beautiful. We still don't need cardigan at night :que Not THAT cold at night :rofl

Lovely during day, slightly cooler at night. Slight breeze. Lovely. Means that it's not too warm in pubs at night. ;) Trev
I go on September 24th to Oct 5th,been before this time of year and never had bad weather...a fair few of there at the same time,you never know our paths might cross,have a great time anyway and enjoy the sun! :sun2 :cheers
Well you lot have convinced me. I am now going to book me and the hubby a week in Protarus in October, now can you all help me with regards to accommodation?

We prefer self catering, so any tips on good apartments please would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Deb
We have stayed at the Brilliant in Protaras and the Seagull in Pernera, and would be quite happy to stay in either again. We are staying in Ayia Napa this year for 2 weeks from the 27th, will still be eating in Pernera sometimes though, as we like the restaurants there.
Fizzmix1,

We are staying at the Iliada from the 6th of October for two weeks, stayed there many times make a list of what you want to know about the hotel :cheers

Mo
I'll be in Prot from 7th October for 9 days.

I can't spend anymore time there at the momenmt as i'm decorating the house ready to sell it so I can move out there permanently.

I can't complain though as this will be my third trip of the year and one of those was for three months.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.