Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
holiday money
5 Posts
Hi mel.w.76,

How much you need depends on what you want to do - drinks/shopping/excursions/car hire/eating out, etc., etc., this thread may give you some idea of what people took last year.

Baldur
Can anyone advise on which is best Sterling or Travellers Cheques and also where in Golden Sands is safe to transfer them.

Thanks
Hi donnaalcroft,

Travellers cheques tend to attract quite high exchange charges/low rates in Bulgaria.

I tend to take Sterling, which I exchange in banks or hotels - NEVER in the street or in exchange booths, or use my Nationwide Flex Account Debit Card, which attracts no charges for withdrawals at foreign ATMs.

There is, if I recall correctly, a branch of Raiffeisen Bank in Golden Sands.

Baldur
Hi Donna,

From the Yavor apartments go to the beach and you will have the choice of 2 Raiffeisen banks,one facing you by the Sirena hotel and one beneath the Admiral. You can change at any of the hotels but NEVER on the street or booths.

Patka
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.