Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Oeeerrr.....

As they are embedded videos I took the thumbs from YT...Obviously I messed up lol :think

Will sort it now Frank

Van
I'm having a problem uploading pics. When I hit the browse button, jpg files can't be selected, only some odd exe statement. I'm having the same problem on two computers, any ideas?

Judith
It's working OK now, I've sussed what was wrong, when I typed Spain in the catergory it wouldn't work but as soon as I changed it to Canary Islands there wasn't a problem. I'm learning :duh
I third/fourth about putting titles and descriptions on before uploading the photo, its all the wrong way around.
I also hold the motion for mutiple upload because putting in a title, decription, choosing "cyprus" etc then doing it all again makes you give up.

I then have to ask - is there a way of creating a folder rather than single photos ? IE "Pernera during August 2010" or "AskCys Restaurant food during Aug 2010" so pictures by one person during one period could be grouped together (it saves having to keep explaining dates and areas on multiple uploads.

and lastly.. are uploads not getting posted at the moment ? I uploaded a few yesterday and nothing has appeared !

:tup

Steve
I have to agree with all steve's statements and requests. Also, another little gripe (I'm hard to please lol)- When trying to locate pictures through the left hand side place list under Media , I find it a bit of a bind.

Let me give an example. I'm looking for pictures for Costa Del Sol. First I click on Europe, then spain- ok all's fine but then when I click on Spain, instead of it just displaying the various costas and canaries etc, the whole media list is displayed again e.g. All media, Africa, Aircraft etc, etc and I have to scroll all the way down the page to locate Spain again and it's various places. This is quite time consuming and off putting. Can anything be tweaked to just show the relevant places once a continent/country are selected?
Thanks.
Thanks for your posts...You know I love constructive criticism. All the points mentioned have been passed to the developer for future releases.....Steve...your images should be online shortly....

I agree with you Shirley about the catagories...The problem lies in that if you are looking for the Costa Del Sol....The system shows you all photos in Europe on the Europe page...Whittling it to Spain then it only shows all Spainish photos...Clicking on CDS then only shows CDS pictures.

The problem faced is that on each catagory choice the browser goes to the top of site in order to list the pictures as requested...If it dropped down to the last selected catgory there would be images above the catagory listing...The only solution that I can see id for the system to remove catagories higher up the chain when a selection is made...So choosing Europe would show all pictures from Europe and any other catagories on the same level would disappear...EG..America, Cruise Ships etc Only catagories within Spain will be listed....Breadcrumbs could be available instead as they are on the forums here.

I'll think about it and contact the developer if this hasn't already been requested in the next release.

Judith, I'll change the settings to allow photos within Spain as well as in the regions because there will be regions we don't yet have listed.

Regards

Van
Thanks Van, much appreciated and yes my photos have now appeared :tup

Steve
Van, thanks for taking time to investigate all possibilities for making the media gallery as user friendly as possible :)
Got a message from alfiesaint rec my attempt to download more videos I tried to reply but got a message saying his/her mailbox was full :que
OK Nick I'll have a word and get him to delete some mail...

I remembered I hadn't replied to this comment yesterday:

I then have to ask - is there a way of creating a folder rather than single photos ? IE "Pernera during August 2010" or "AskCys Restaurant food during Aug 2010" so pictures by one person during one period could be grouped together (it saves having to keep explaining dates and areas on multiple uploads.

There is a way, however, the system does not index pictures in albums for search etc...This is a pain as searching the site will not include these images in the results. I have therefore restricted everyone to one album only for the time being but ask that if possible you do not use this route until this issue is rectified.

Regards

Van
putting titles and descriptions on before uploading the photo, its all the wrong way around.

others have asked this VAN will you be looking into it also :D :D
I have attempted to upload a number of videos I have on You tube I managed to get one re my Danube cruise on line but the others were rejected as I had not used the embed code. I re submitted those yesterday but they don't seem to have appeared yet also the the Danube one seems to have disappeared as I am unable to locate it.
Nick,
The Danube had to be temporarily removed for technical issues, however it is back on now.

Regarding the other Croc videos, yes they were not embedded properly and therefore could not be used on the site, you have, however, now corrected the issue and your vids will be approved shortly.

Ray, yes I have taken this on board and this has been passed to the developer for, hopefully, a fix in the next release.

Regards

Van
Not quite sure about the latest additions to the travelblogs. Can't quite see the connection with travel somehow?
This is a strange one. It was pointed out to me by Nick that when using Internet Explorer one of my videos fails to display, but works perfectly in Firefox. I've tried it myself and clicking on the thumbnail from my media page (My gallery) for "Beach at Riu Garopa".... this results in a comments page being displayed, but no video. Yet in Firefox it works perfectly on both mine and Nicks PCs ! This only applies to this specific video all the others are OK. Any ideas whay may be causing this ? Thanks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.