Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Thanks Miss Pink. I shall pop over and do the same. BTW, is your profile set out ok- All my right hand side boxes have moved underneath the ones on the left so I have nothing showing on the right hand side of my profile :que
Thanks
Yes Shirley you do need to be logged in....Once you're logged in it shouldn't log you out unless you do so manually.

Will look into the box moving on your profile but you should be able to hols the top of the box and drag ir around.

HTH

Van
Thanks for the reply van.
Will look into the box moving on your profile but you should be able to hols the top of the box and drag ir around.

Just had my son to take a look for me and he says that the usual 'drag and drop' doesn't work :que Not sure how the page lost it's pattern in the first place as I didn't do anything to alter it. One day it was fine, the next time I looked it had changed.
I'd appreciate you taking a look when you've got time as it looks silly the way it is.
Thanks again.
I've just gone into my profile and everything has moved over to the left of the screen ( as I look at it)
Plus there is no tab to see 'all friends' or was there one there on the profile page?
Plus it won't let me move the boxes around, the drag & drop isn't working, and finally I've somehow lost 43 years in age... but I never put my age in, in the first place. :rofl

Sanji x

Edit for typo error.
  • Edited by Sanji 2010-10-07 18:12:36
Sanji, exactly the same's happened to mine and I've spent a bit of time trying to fixt it without success. Maybe Van or somebody else will be able to sort it out.
I like the sound of the calendar that's for sale but is there any way we can have a look at all the pics in it please? I tried clicking on the three images that are displayed when I click on the link for more details but the images don't enlarge and are a bit small to see. Thanks
I've ordered my copy. Lovely idea and I will display it with pride in my kitchen :D

I'm sure the pictures will all be lovely and if purchasing at this hugely expensive price continues to aid the smooth running of HT that's a bonus.

Will there be a little caption under each photo to say what member submitted it Van.
The link under the username of posters on HT to their media seems to have disapeared now. :que
I'll look into all these issues later...

I only put the three pics up as a teaser because I didn't want to spoil them but will add them all later if that helps.

I'll look into the profile pages as well as unsure how that has happened.

I'll look into the missing link too.

I'll post here when each issue is sorted for you.

Van
Will there be a little caption under each photo to say what member submitted it Van.

Indeed there is apart from 3 images which were taken from the old gallery and as you know that didn't store usernames so I was unable to add the user.

Van
Wouldnt it be nicer as a surprise shirley . I like the teaser idea .come on girl get your order in . :)
I'm ordering 3. One for me :D And 2 as Christmas presents for family :tup (that's those 2 sorted ;) )
Hi Van

can you confirm that you have the Callao salvage pics still on file to upload again, ive been looking for these and they are not anywhere on the site as yet,
ive done what you suggested to david and ive already searched this way(done it again to be sure) and still cant find anything, when you narrow it down to tenerife there are no Callao salvage pics there at all!

Many Thanks

Mark
Any progress on the missing media link in posts? I have notice that they now have been replaced by adverts :cry which is more annoying
Nic
dont know if we are talking of the same thing, but the feed from HTTV to HTforums caused the forums to slow so much it was causing problems so has been disabled,[the media galleries banner link still works]

Adds yes we know they are a pain in the but and can cause distractions BUT to keep HT independent and not a subscription forum the decision was made to slightly increase the number of adds, after some discussion and comments about bigish adds after each post Van looked for a more subtle answer, which is what we are trialling at the moment, the object is to keep HT independent by covering the running cost [mods and admin are still voluntary appointments] :cry but for the record visitors see far more than members do

yasus
wizard
My profile's still all laid out on the left hand side of the page- It looks daft.
Nic
dont know if we are talking of the same thing, but the feed from HTTV to HTforums caused the forums to slow so much it was causing problems so has been disabled,[the media galleries banner link still works]

Thanks for the reply Wizard, the link I was on about was a red coloured hyperlink underneath the posters name and details when clicked it took you to that persons media where if they had made things public or you were 'a friend' you could could see all their media stuff .
When the adverts appeared in the same place I assumed maybe that's why it was removed.
I thought it was and would be a very useful feature when answering queries in HT it made it very easy to direct people to relevant media to help them with their query. Thought it was useful as I still find navigating on HT TV not to be user friendly.
we had a quite a few complaints about speed issues and it was eventually tracked down to the links to HTTV, i think Van is still looking at program base coding when he has time possibly with a view to links in the future as long as it doesn't conflict with the usability of the forums, as with all things new we hit a few problems and trust the membership bare with us

yasus
wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.