Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
I'm finding the uploading process a bit awkward, having to describe the photograph, before it's actually upladed. Doing it this way, you have to browse for the photo, then go back to describe it, then return to the photo to select it for upload. Wouldn't it be easier to just upload the pic first and then add a description?
Helen, that's the reason why I'm stalling a bit with uploading my pics- it takes too long to do it that way. When the media gallery was introduced, a few of us asked Van if he'd consider changing the uploading system back to the way it used to be before holidaytruths.tv as it was much quicker that way with less faffing about. It wasn't changed though. I wonder if others have been put off loading their media because of it.

I will upload my recent photos as soon as I have some time to spare but keep putting it off because of the fuss.
shirley h
I wonder if others have been put off loading their media because of it.

I would think so, to much mucking about to add a picture :wave:
I think if you are not prepared for it to happen it can bring on a few swear words so now I choose the pictures I want to upload by their numbers on my pc and then write down my descriptions/titles ahead of uploading .
Yes Lyn that's an option but still don't know why they had to change the original way of uploading as it was quick and easy.
I'm hoping Alfiesaint is reading these posts so he can look into it for us because we were told it was being looked into last August and that probably it would be dealt with at the next update :que
I don't know whether Van or Alfiesaint are subscribed to this topic in order to monitor comments or problems, all I can do is make Van aware that there are further posts and hope he will be able to deal with them for you. Not sure if all of Alfiesaint's time might perhaps be taken up on the media galleries and whether he actually visits the forums at all, or if you may have a better chance of catching his attention by sending him a PM on the other site.

David :wave
I've had a reply from Alfiesaint and he's now aware of the difficulties. He's going to speak with Van to see if they can sort something as he says that if it's putting people off uploading pics, something needs to be done.
Doing it this way, you have to browse for the photo, then go back to describe it, then return to the photo to select it for upload. Wouldn't it be easier to just upload the pic first and then add a description?

Why are you doing it that way.?
You click the upload tab, write the description, insert the tags and press 'upload', then press browse and your picture folder should open and you should be able to locate the photo that you've just described and then just insert it.
If I want to upload a photo of Sydney Harbour Bridge, after I've filled in all the boxes and clicked browse, my pictures folder opens and I can see or locate the photo (if it's in a sub folder) of the Sydney Harbour Bridge that I want.
I think the process is a lot easier if: A) know where your photos are. B) know which photo you intend to upload before you start the process.
I've uploaded 11 videos in the last few weeks and found no problem with the system at all. :que

Sanji
Hi Sanji - I don't have problems uploading, but found it easier as it was before, when you could browse for the picture first, then do the description.
I think the process is a lot easier if: A) know where your photos are. B) know which photo you intend to upload before you start the process.

I think that's the point Sanji. Say for instance I've taken loads of photos, I need to have a bit of a browse first to see which ones I'm going to upload as I can't remember all the pics I've taken and I'm obviously not going to post them all. It takes a lot more time than if you could upload and then describe according to what pic you've chosen.
I think that's the point Sanji. Say for instance I've taken loads of photos, I need to have a bit of a browse first to see which ones I'm going to upload as I can't remember all the pics I've taken and I'm obviously not going to post them all. It takes a lot more time than if you could upload and then describe according to what pic you've chosen

You need to get more organised Shirl and put the photos that you intend to share into another folder, it makes it a darn sight easier than wading through hundreds of photos.
Can you image how much junk I have with the video footage? I've vids for HT, vids for my website, vids to make into a DVD, vids for rendering, vids in the project mode and all the 'extras' like sound and transitions, plus all my photos.
I created a folder and called it Vids4HT, so, you could do a bit of computer housekeeping and create a folder and call it HTphotos and drop all your photos that you want to share into it, then they should be easy to locate.......I wouldn't want to make a mistake and show me in a bikini. :rofl
Sanji
Good idea that Sanji - now why didn't I think of it :think
You need to get more organised Shirl and put the photos that you intend to share into another folder, it makes it a darn sight easier than wading through hundreds of photos.

I keep a separate folder for each holiday so they're easy to locate but even if I had a folder with only 5 pics in, that I'd created especially to share I'd still have to describe each of those 5 from memory. I don't know if it's just me but I think if you have a few pictures they're much easier to describe if they're in front of you rather than trying to recall them from memory.

If I came back from holiday say a month ago and it's only now I'm getting a chance to upload my pics, doing it the old way I wouldn't have to open my pictures first to decide which ones to upload as the upload process automatically took me to 'browse' before I'd have to start describing the picture- I'm not sure if I'm making sense but a few members seem to agree :que
I know what you're saying, but I think Van has already said that nothing can be changed until possibly the next software upgrade.
I obviously do it different to you because I have two windows open, my folder where the pictures are that I want to upload, and the HT/TV site, that way all my photos are in front of me and I don't have to use my memory.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7864/unledhl.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/6929/unled1zf.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I obviously do it different to you because I have two windows open, my folder where the pictures are that I want to upload, and the HT/TV site, that way all my photos are in front of me and I don't have to use my memory.

Brilliant solution- I never thought of that :tup

That's what I'll do from now on.

Thanks Sanji, helpful as ever :)
Thanks Sanji - that's what I'l be doing from now on.
It's OK, I haven't uploaded a photo for ages, I've been too busy with the videos and other things, and I couldn't understand why you were wading through loads of photos, and then I thought it isn't going to make much difference whether you wade through before or after, hence my suggestion of making a sub-folder to reduce the amount of photos to wade through, and then it dawned on me what I do. :duh
It just makes it so much easier, if for example, I want to upload/talk about the yellow caravan, the picture and the name/ number is there in front of me, which also makes it easier to locate when HT/TV opens up the folder because I could have two photos of a yellow caravan in that folder like number 15 and number 21, and it's number 15 I want.

Sanji x
I might load another one now Sanji, having 2 windows open to see how I get on- I think it should be much quicker.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.