Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Hong Kong
6 Posts
Hi Sueb2,
as no one else has replied I'll have a go. I reckon your best bet if youre a reasonably independent traveller is DIY. Don't know when you want to go but Cathay Pacific have some cheapish flights coming up. Have a look on some of the web flight booking sights like ebookers et al. Then you could get details of hotels off one of the accommodation sites like asiatravel.com. The prices on these sites is for the room, not per person so apart from transfers from the airport (about 340 HK$ one way by taxi, other cheaper methods of transfer are available) you'll have an idea how much the stay is going to cost.
Hi Sue,

This is the link to the Hong Kong tourism site -
http://www.discoverhongkong.com/uk/index.jsp
On the right hand side you'll find a "plan your trip" button, this will give you access to search for a flight and hotel so you'll get an idea of what is available.

Dawn
Dawn has given you a good starting point. Also as Sunbear has said, try ebookers or expedia. Hong Kong is not cheap but what we find is that you can do your own excursions and not book them- this can make up for what you pay for in the evenings. Having said that, you can eat cheaply in the malls.
Hi Sueb2,

Before you go to Hong Kong book your return transfer from the airport to the hotel with :- http://www.asiatravel.com/hongkong/airchek5.html

We travel with them every year and they are very inexpensive. You could go by the Airbus that they have, I do not know the price but will be cheaper. Asia Travel is a door to door service that is reliable and we have used them nine times.

Go on a half day island tour, you can book that with them or book it at the hotel when you get there. It shows you most of the sights that you as a tourist would want to see.

Travel on the Star Ferry $2.20 first class one way. It is the best view in the world and probably the cheapest.

You can walk very easily from Tsim Sha Tsui to Central on Hong Kong Island very easily without having to resort to public transport, (you have to be a walker though).

Regards, Heather747.
Hi Sueb2,

Sorry I forgot, KLM are offering good fares to Hong Kong, I think you have to book by a certain date. Normally we pay anywhere from £380 to £450 in January/February so that should give you a guide on what is a good price. Hope it helps.

Regards, Heather 747.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image