Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Hotel Lafodia
32 Posts
Just been having a look at some brochures and the" hotel features "new for 2006 thats why there is no reviews!!Will let you no what we decide...soon!!Whats the weather like in October does anyone know?? :roll:
Hi all,just to let you know we are now going to Rhodes,been offered a really nice hotel so going to give it a whirl :wink: Hope you have a great time Sue :D Will be looking for your reveiw.
Hi Debs

Have a great time in Rhodes. We leave on Sunday 17th for a week so when I come back I will let you know what it was like, if its good maybe you could try again for next year, if its awful you had a lucky escape. Fingers crossed its the first optiion.

speak soon

Sue
Hi debs, got back from Lopud island on Sunday and all I can say is you are lucky they changed your holiday. Dont get me wrong the hotel is nice the food is good but in the brochure they say it is peaceful and relaxing and the only noise you will hear is the church bells ringing WRONG, what they forgot to tell you is that on average up to seven boats dock right outside the hotel from about 11am til 5pm full of island hopping tourists some times on average about a 100 people on each boat. As they arrive you can hear the tour guides on their microphones telling them about the island and then the chatter as they all get off the boats and just as you are about to settle and think peace at last one of the boats starts playing music as loud as you like for a good half an hour. Also where the boats dock is the only place you can sun bathe (unless you are lucky to get one of the 12 sunbeds around the 10m x 5m tin bath they call a swimming pool), so there you are in your swimsuit and you are surrounded by tourists taking photographs!! I am sure it is great for a day visit but that was the first holiday we were not sorry to be coming home from, we picked it because we wanted some peace and quiet, and is certainly wasnt until the evening that is, the only entertainment for three nights only is four men singing. Anyway bring on Goa in March and I hope you enjoy Rhodes. Oh and yes Fiona I WILL be doing a hotel review believe me

Sue
Sorry to hear that susan!Really looking forward to our hols all good,positive reviews.Its horrible when there is such a build up to your holiday then come back disappointed!
oh dear Susan
sorry to hear the holiday didn't live up to expectations.
Ive booked this hotel for 11 nights July 07 and am now a little worried...

The pool is too small and 12 sunbeds!!
What is the alternative?
Is there another hotel pool close by??

Was going to book Budva but didnt fancy a coach ride longer than the flight!!

Island looks good, sounded peaceful (?) and scenic and hotel decent.
Can anyone confirm air con in all rooms as a little confusing on various sites??

Loved Hotel Marina (2005) in Brela and then Hotel Istra in Rovinj last year....HIGHLY recommend that one.

Any insight appreciated...
Hi Sputnik.

As you can see from above we visited there in September 2006. The pool used to be on the Hotel's jetty apparently and for some reason they had to fill it in so they have made a makeshift one a few steps down from the hotel. It really is small, it is not a tiled proper pool it is one of those plastic type ones and it will only hold a few people, and I did count the sun beds and there was only 12. The hotel's beach is pebbly and again not very big. They will put sunbeds out for you on the jetty but unless its changed you will have around 5 - 7 boats docking throughout the day from about 11 - 5pm full of island hopping people. There are no other pools on the island as far as I know, in fact i think Lafodia is the only hotel.

There is a beach which is quite nice but I believe that was shut for one day beacuse there was a private party.

There is not much to do on the island and very few shops in fact hardly any really. There is not too many restaurants either. The boat goes to Dubrovnik from the harbour a couple of times a day but the last boat back from Dubrovnik is 8pm so you cant really spend the evening over there.

There is nothing to do in the evenings at the hotel, just four men singing three times a week.

I am sure people have visited this place and loved it, it is just not somewhere we would go ever again. I am sorry if I have put you off, but if this doesnt sound like your type of holiday then I would see if you could get it changed as there is nothing worse than having a holiday ruined. On the hand it might be just your cup of tea and I hope you have a lovely time.

If there is anything else you would like to know just PM me and I will do my best to answer your questions.

Hope this hasnt put you off too much, sorry but I just answered as honestly as I could and as I said you may well love it.

Sue
Sorry forgot to mention, dont forget after the coach drive from the airport there is a 40 - 45 minute sea crossing and I think all the rooms are A/C.

Sue
Susansh

thanks for the info.

Shame about the pool etc.

We want a relaxing, quiet time so think we should be ok.

Will visit a few places too so will be a good base tucked away.

10 days only so looking forward to quiet nights on our island hideaway!

Have a good one yourself!

Andy
Hi Andy

Should be good for relaxing so you will be fine, the beach is really nice, bit of a walk but worth it, I think it will be quieter there away from the boats. Have a good time.

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.