Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Hotel Lafodia
32 Posts
Hi Debs

I cant believe it I have been looking on here for weeks to see if anyone else has been to Hotel Lafodia. We are going for the first time September 17th just for a week I will let you know how we get on and I will also post a review for the hotel review board.

Sue
thanks sue,my lovely hubby booked it as i am 40 in september and our 22nd wedding anniversary in november(supposed to have been a suprise but i got it out of him!)we looked at other places but thought lopud sounds lovely.i have read some really good reports and a couple of bad,i cant wait to here what you think! :wink:
Will do Debs, I have heard the same as you good and bad, but it does sound lovely especially the bit about no cars only carts, that should be fun
Will definitely keep you informed

Sue
got to not wish the time away till then,i have the 6 weeks off as i work in a school.also going away in a couple of weeks to dorset!!dont forget the 24 churches etc on the island to look at too!! :lol:
Hi
I missed this query as I was on holiday when you posted. Have you seen this video on the hotel?
I will ask for the hotel to be added to our Croatia review page.
I hope you both have a great holiday.
Thanks for that Fiona really helpful

Sue
Dont know if you can help with this one as well Fiona, but does anyone know if there are ATM's on this island or on the mainland.

many thanks

Sue
My dad has been to Lopud 2 or 3 times as he finds it such a relaxing place to go (he doesn't normally go back to places as the world is such a big place to explore). He just loves it there.
Guess what,just got back from family holiday in Dorset to find out that they are closing Hotel Lafodia, so they have given us Hotel Iberostar Bellevue Becici as an alternative!Has anyone been?Cant find any reveiws!!
Blimey Debs that is a bit worrying, we have heard nothing about it closing and have already received our tickets I will let you know what happens to us!!!

Sue
Oh dear- that's not such good news. Still maybe your new hotel will be great as well!
Debs
Unless there are two hotels with the same name you are now going to Montenegro. have a look here
yes thats the one,it looks really nice but cant find any reviews on it!! We are going to ring the agents and see whats on offer,disappointed as we were looking forward to it.The letter states due to a swimming pool being built its closing early,we weren't due to fly till Oct 22nd but on the booking forms it says a new pool has been built :roll: so as you can imagine we are confused,will let you no what happens :(
Oh and apologies Sue if i got you worried, i didnt write my post very clearly,was tired from traveling :oops:
I can't find any reviews for you either I'm afraid. I have asked for it to be added to ours( Other Destination hotel reviews) so may be we will be the first to get a review, hopefully in time for you!
Thanks Fiona,will let you know how we get on too,fingers crossed :)
Hi Debs

Dont worry, I thought maybe they were just shutting it because they didnt have enough bookings for October. I know what you mean about being confusing though, in the brochure it was advertised with a small pool, then they sent us a letter saying a new smaller pool was being built and as this was the only pool they didnt think it was suitable for children. This didnt bother us because we wernt taking any, but not good news for anyone who was may I add. Anyway is your new hotel still on the island, only if we get the chance we will go and look at it for you and I will update you on my return.

Sue
Hi Sue,no the hotel they have offered us is in Montenegro and its a 4 star rated and looks gorgeous,would just have been handy to have some reveiws tho!!Hubby ringing them today,told him to decide as its doing my head in :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.