Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi,

stayed there last july in a junior suite. Yes you get hairdryers in the bathroom ( ample ), toiletries are the usual standard ones but would advise you bring your own. Dress code in the a la carte restaurants was quite relaxed and i wore blue jeans and short sleeved shirt on vists there and all was fine.....

quite relaxed... enojoy yourself... trust me its very very hot !!!!
Thanks for that, will do as you say. Taking plenty of sunscreen. :cheers
If you have any particular questions then just let me know......... We went in july 2007 and the main buffet restaurant was closed - so this caused a few issues. I believe there is a new buffet restaurant now
Thanks for that. How do we change dollars to Bolivars heard that there is a better rate not using the hotel. Is the hotel near anywhere worth a visit, and if so how much are the taxis?

Sure there will be more questions later if that is Ok

Shirl
You can change your dollors at reception, however there is a little shop next to the internet cafe and the bar ( think its in the south tower ) where you can change your dollors. This is under the counter and not official but you will get a lot more than in the reception - basically whatever you feel happier with, we changed it at both being honest as the shop opens a strange times.

There is a big big shopping centre about 10 mins away in a taxi, costs about £2 to get there. Lots and lots of shops in there, lots of place to eat ( subway !!!, hard rock cafe, mcdonalds etc ). Food is quite resonable but the shops are not particularly cheap - in fact i thought they where expensive. Good place for a look around and its all air conditioned........
Thanks for all the info.

Another question. Are there are mosquitos about, notice that you don't need to take malaria tablets for Margarita.
Hi,

we took some and used it but being honest had no issues....... So not a problem

you only need to take the malaria tablets if your going to go to angel falls or anything in reality in the jungle
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.