Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
I went with my Mum and sister a couple of years ago Anne.

We had a lovely time. The hotel was clean, and the staff friendly. Rooms had two single beds in and a bed setee as the third one. They weren't particularly big, but were ok.

It had a pub attached to it and we used to stay in there until about 4.30 in the morning......and it was cheap!

The entertainment was pretty much like any Spanish hotel, but was ok. The area is lovely. There is a lovely prom that you can walk along and there are apartments and hotels right along it. There used to be a man selling jacket potatoes on the prom. Gosh they were 'more'ish'

Some nights we used to go to the hotel across the road, I think it was the Playa Capprichio or Playa Linda.

I particularly like Roquetas, just enough going on but not too much in your face. I have also stayed at the Sabional and the Golf Trinidad.

Would definately go back again to any of the hotels.

Kath HT Admin
Thanks for that Kath - sounds great. I was a bit worried as it seems to be quite a bit cheaper than many 4* hotels and I was wondering why. In your opinion, do you think this hotel would suit our family of 2 adults, a 13 and 16 year old - particularly entertainment wise.
Thank you Anne F :)
Anne it depends on what your children like to do. The entertainment as I said is typical of a spanish hotel.

As I went with my mother and sister it was ideal. The resort is fairly low key and the children may get bored in the evenings. That said, there are plenty of hotels about where you could pop in and see what current entertainment was going on.

I do know the Zoraida Gardens/Park is quite geared for familes (lots get allocated here on late deals though) but I dont think they are 4*.

Kath HT Admin
Can anybody help, staying Playasol August,booked half board,can I upgrade to all inclusive on arrival, if so how much,and is it worth it.
Hi,cant answer your question but in case you havent found them there are a couple of reviews in the review section http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/holiday_truths/hotel_reviews/2028/Playasol%20Hotel/
Have a good holiday,John.
any one been to the playasol this summer? if so is it ok? we are booked to go in november but would like to know what the standard rooms are like, is the food ok? and if it is worth an upgrade :wink:
Hi diana ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic, you may now find some useful info in earlier posts, along with a link to our reviews page for this hotel.

David :wave
Ok, we got no replies re the Hotel Portobello, so have now booked to stay at the Playasol. We'll be there on the 17th Aug for a week.

Can anyone recommend any evening entertainment - we have 2 children 15 and 12 - as with all resort hotels we have stayed in, although they try very hard, hotel entertainment is not really our cup of tea.

Also, if anyone has any recent experience of the Playasol, I'd be happy to hear from you.

Are there any watersports on the beach by the Playasol (especially jet-skis) and can anyone tell me if the water is likely to be calm in August and do they suffer from the 'jellyfish' problem? :thanks
Is the hotel you are staying in Mojacar, we stayed in Mojacar a few years ago in August and there was no problem with Jellyfish.

However the water was rough a few days and was closed to swimmers. It is slightly rough at the best of time.
Hi Waterford

The hotel Playasol is in Roquetas

EDIT: Merged with existing Hotel Playasol thread
David HT Mod
Hi there. My husband and I were at hotel playasol in October half term last year. At this time of year the only entertainment was some ballroom dancing in the evenings for the spanish o.a.ps. The hotel was overun by them. However we couldn't complain as we only paid £110 each for all inclusive 5 nights having booked the hotel and flights separately. The resort was very quiet at this time of year also, but expect it to be much busier in August. There are two biggish swimming pools with slides for the children. Sister hotel next door Playacapricho also has nice pools. I myself did like the grandness of the Portobello, but hubby thought it a bit clinical. I am sure you will enjoy your stay. we will be going back this October our first visit to Roquetas being over 20 years ago.
Hi wilson2579

We last stayed in Roquetas approx 10yrs ago, so I'm sure it must have changed since we were last there.

Do you know of any popular bars or restaurants with entertainment in the evening?

It sounds as though the pool area has been refurbished since we last visited. I don't recall slides in the pool (we stayed in the Hotel Linda). My daughter will love this as she's never out of the pool :D

Is the Portobello near to the Playasol ? We'll have to have a wander in and see what we missed!
Hi cadge16
we stayed at the playasol last november, the outside pool is lovely with a jacuzzi, there are games like a giant outdoor chess set in the grounds, not much for younger children. there is also an indoor pool with jacuzzi, the indoor pool is accessed via the first floor, it sounds strange but you then go down steps to it, I think it was because they extended the hotel some years ago. Also there is an ice making machine on the landing on the third floor, if you need any for your drinks! we also used it in water to cool off. Sorry I can't tell you much about entertainment for the children as I dont have any. If you walk right up to the Hotel Sabinal there are rides, little go carts or bikes, and bungee jump things for the younger children, it is outside and open all day and late into the night. the food at the hotel was good though a bit repetetive, but that is normal, bacon and eggs cooked as you stand there, as were certain meat dishes each night. the portebello is the 5* hotel up the road, looks very nice, never went in, but looks great from the outside, if there is anything else I can help you with let me know!
di
I forgot to say, the only thing I didnt like about the playasol was they allow people to have dogs in their rooms, which I don't really aprove of as they can have little accidents, and they probably get on the beds and sofas. and I just don't think it is hygenic.
Hi Cadge 16.
Sorry but didn't see much entertainment as we were there at the end of October and everything was quite quiet. We were A.I. so tended to eat and drink in the hotel apart from a stroll out in the evening. I do think the rooms could have been a bit bigger and probably needed a lick of paint but we certainly got what we had paid for. The Portobello is just along the promenade heading towards the private apartment end of Roquetas or walking along the street at the other side of the hotel turning left along the main road. I am sure the kids will enjoy the pools and jacuzzi. We are going back in October this year but will be trying Mojacar this time. If anyone has been to the Tropical Oasis I would like to know how they enjoyed it.
hi cadge i was in roquetas a couple weeks ago as i am starting a new business in mobility hire and went into hotel frequently there is a very polite barman been there over 20 yrs name is amador always makes you welcome even to the kids his sister runs a bar called oasis opposite playaluna great tapas say hello to them as im back very soon
keith
:glynis Keith, I'll say hello for you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.