Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hello Graham
My neighbour has just spent 3weeks in the Marina at Sliema and said it was great.
Several years ago we stayed at the Preluna and although it was a lovely hotel, we got an inward facing room with only a view of the gym and we were most disappointed.
Sue
PS I loved the boat!
Hi Sue

Thanks for the info. We had thought of the Preluna but I have read a couple of reviews that had said a similar thing about some people getting rooms with no view and the hotel was a bit tired, yet others have said it was great.

The boat is a Captain Morgan boat berthed at Sliema.

Graham
Hi Graham,

We stayed at the Marina for 2 weeks last August and were well pleased. It's in an excellent position and the staff are really friendly. Good value for money in our opinion and although you won't get gourmet food, we found it okay especially if you like good basic Maltese fayre. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We are thinking about going there again for our hols this Summer. We booked with Chevron.

If you want to really splash out try the Fortina,

Trev
Hi Graham, well where do I start, as you can imagine there are numerous decent hotels in Sliema where you would have a really good time, these include The Preluna, The Plaza Regency, The New Tower Palace, and the Imperial, however as good as these hotels have been over the years our personal favourite has to be the Victoria for quite a few different reasons check out there website @ http://www.victoriahotel.com you won't be dissapointed, hope this helps.

Caw Caw
Sliema2
Hi Trev thanks for the information, I will take a look at Chevron and see what I can find.

Sliema, do you book your (numerous :lol: ) trips to Malta independently i.e. flight and hotel separately or do you go via a package ?

Thanks
Graham
Hi Graham, this is how we work it, February / March and November / December we book a package either with Chevron or prefferably Malta Direct, the Summer months of June and September we D.I.Y using either Air Malta or to a lesser extent Britishjet, when were over at Easter we did D.I.Y and it was fantastic, please feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them.

L-isbah xewqat
Sliema2
The Plaza-regency is a well positioned hotel and if you pay a bit extra to guarantee a view over the bays of spinola and balluta you cant go far wrong.
Great position.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.