Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
We were shown around the Waterfront last year as we liked the look of it when passing one day and it was lovely.Very clean and modern and if you can get a sea view room they are fantastic.Bedrooms were a decent size and comfortably furnished.
We asked other guests what the food was like and they had no complaints at all.

Here are some more reviews.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g190327-d264939-Reviews-The_Waterfront_Hotel-Sliema_Island_of_Malta.html

I must admit though i much prefer the Victoria Hotel.
jojouk.

Would be interesting to know why you prefer the Victoria Hotel?

Is it really a trudge uphill to it and also, crucially for us, is it near a bus stop?

Thanks, Pete
From walking into the foyer at the Victoria you get that grand old fashioned feeling.Luxury and class all rolled into one.Rooms were very good,decent size and the biggest softest towels we have ever had on holiday lol(dont take much to please me).Hotel was spotlessly clean and rooms cleaned on a daily basis.Food was lovely and varied each day and the service from all the staff throughout the hotel was 1st class.

The walk wasnt actually to bad 5 mins(if that) to seafront,mind you we are fit 30 somethings.On our last visit my hubbys grandmother came with us and is 86 and she walked it every day and had no probs at all.
I suppose its each to their own as we are used to Malta(hubbys family are all Maltese) and its steep streets,but i didnt think there was that much of a hill to get to the Victoria at all.

The nearest bus stop was just outside of the Preluna Hotel on the seafront and was 5 mins away as mentioned above.

The Waterfront is on the flat at the far end of the Sliema Ferries bordering Gzira.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.