Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
If anyone has stayed at this hotel please post a review HERE

luci :wave
Hello Sue

this 'topic' may be of some help to you...>

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=59108
Hi Sue & Fallan, I can vouch for the Imperial, we have stayed there twice and thoroughly enjoyed our stay each time, it is very clean with good facilities and staff and is in a quiet position in Sliema, please feel free to ask if you want any specific info.

Prosit
Sliema2
Hi Sliema 2, thankyou for your prompt reply. My mums coming up later in the week so I'll show her the links that people have kindly recommended, I'm sure that she'll be relieved to see your comments. The only thing that I can think to ask at the moment is if you can recommend any particular room for her to request. ie sunny room or if perhaps some are more spacious than others, anything that you can think of to make her and her friends trip more pleasurable would be great.

Thanks Sue :) :)
Hi Sue, my pleasure, but with regards to particular rooms all I can say is that each one we have had has been fine, the rooms can be slightly dated at the Imperial but they are spacious, well equipped, clean, and very comfortable, the hotel itself has a certain Victorian elegance and charm about it, the staff are polite and very courteous, if your mum has any problems I suggest she speaks to the manager Joe Cassar he is a very nice chap and is always very helpfull, I have seen him outside the hotel when we have been staying elsewhere and he still always lets on, so worry not your mum will have a great time and all will be fine, especially at this time of year there will be lots of other older clients and they all seem to pal up and make friends on day trips and things like that.

Prosit
Sliema2
Thank you all so much for your replies.

Sue :) :)
Note to any mods, can you please change the spelling of Sliema in the title of this thread from "Silema" to "Sliema" not been picky, just like to see my second home being spelt correctly.

Many thanks
Sliema2
Hi there :wave Nice to see that 'Silema2' (!) is back on form! Wots thas abowt spilling mistooks? :wink:
Many thanks Glynis.

Regards
Sliema2
on the strength of all the reccomendations i have just booked two weeks at the imperial for the last two weeks in august. am now looking forward to another holiday in glorious malta :hyper
Hi Alan, I am sure that you will enjoy it, August will be fab in Malta the Imperial will be perfect at that time of year as it will be so cool and spacious, don't forget to give Il-Merill a try for fenek, bragioli, fish, and much much more, I can give you full directions if you choose and can easily reccomend good bars close by also.

Prosit
Sliema2
hi there sliema2, i visited il-merill on my christmas visit on your recommendation, and very nice it was too. i love to just wander around and discover new watering holes, the seedier looking the better. when i was there at christmas i tried tony's bar but it allways seemed to be closed, the one time i found it open i was told gruffly that we are closing. one bar you should try is the four seasons wine bar, in b'kara it's on the naxxar road. it's run by a very nice maltese man 'forgot his name' he used to live in london, it was a really good bar great food fantastic wine and he let us smoke after midnight.

inselli ghalik

alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.