Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
To quote Monty Python's dead parrot sketch, "'It's kicked the bucket, It's shuffled off It's mortal coil, run down the curtain, and joined the bl**din choir invisibile, this is an ex-hotel". :P
THANK GOD FOR THAT THEN :D
*Please do not post with caps lock on. Thanks - Glynis*
Hi Sliema2, nice quote from Monty Python - and yes this hotel sure is no more.

During my hol in August I was walking down Triq-il-Milner (Milner Street), where the Regent used to be and it was missing. It looks like some apartments were being built in its place! If I remember right the supermarket up the road has also changed hands,

Trev
Hi Trev, I remember the Regent as Maltabargains used to have a kind of regional office in there, we were staying in the Preluna so we popped in to have a peek one day but it smelt a bit funny so we didn't pursue it, the supermarket up the road used to be Nicholson's and is now SISA Malta, it's a really good supermarket actually it's got a good deli that sells Maltese sausages etc, we buy our gbejna and galleti's in there to bring home, they have also got a good off licence part and this is also frquented by us, you have to get your priorities right don't you :glynis .

Regards
Sliema2
Hi Sliema2,

I remember using the supermarket when it was Nicholson's. You say it has a good off licence part, though I remember when it was Nicholson's I though the offy was quite good then. Would you reckon that as SISA now the offy is better than the Tower supermarket?

Trev
Hi Trevor, yes in my humble opinion, SISA is better than the Tower supermarket, however none of them are as good as the traditional Maltese corner shop, the best one for us in Sliema is George's store at 3 trees junction next to the Imperial (Ciao Richard if your reading this), other good ones are Golden Harvest on High Street near Stella Maris, and Mr Grech's likecola store on Sir Adrian Dingli street down the hill from the Imperial near the BOV hole in the wall, all these shops are a joy to shop in as they all sell fresh bread, fruit and veg, deli products, and beer wines and spirits, long live the traditional Malta corner shop :bow .

Regards
Sliema2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.