Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
know what you mean jcarey. we always go all inclusive and go to hotels that give free child places up to age 16 so these places are always full of teenagers as other families with kids do the same. I'm used to teens as I'm a youthworker and really like them but the things that some of these kids get up to with no parental control is scary. Usually it's because their parents are more concerned with their own enjoyment (usually involving getting bladdered). In the past teens have hung around with us as they've literally have been abandoned by their parents for the duration of the holiday. :cry:
Yes I blame the parents :?
isnt a wonder that the turks think the tourists are "easy"...... I think that parents should have a reality check and see what their children look like. I also think that childhood ends at 12 years old, which is a huge pity.
I agree with the previous posts . Got back yesterday from Icmeler and the way that some of the teenage girls ( usually british ) dressed and flaunted themselves in front of the waiters and barmen was quite shocking . The worst thing was that usually their parents were sat there watching them do it .
We witnessed exactly the same behaviour when we were in Icmeler earlier this year.We were disgusted by the way these young girls were acting,some only 13 and 14 years old and the parents actually egging them on to do it.
We actually got talking to one young girl who was only just gone 16(she had gone there with parents) and she was up front about why she was there,not for the holiday but to see how many Turkish men she could sleep with in 2 weeks.
She told us she had been there 8 days already and had slept with 5 different men(she actually stayed with them all night) and laughed and joked about it,what was worse her parents knew exactly what she had been doing and just let her get on with it and from what i gathered thought this to be normal behaviour.
wow i would be mortified if my girls behaved in this way. my oldest is the opposite, she likes a bit of fun, but would never sleep around or behave in an inappropriate manor and if she did i would be the first to say something. dont get me wrong i like a laugh etc but you know where the line is and you dont cross over it, no way would i encourage dancing on table tops with mini skirts on and getting drunk underage etc, its a shame as it gives us brits a bad reputation
Well...as a parent of boys aged 7 and 10 u can imagine how i feel.But it is true that nowadays kids (especially girls) grow up alot quicker...which is a great shame.Sometimes i cant believe what some of the girls look like in our school.Lipstick and nail polish at 10 is the least of the problems.....just glad i have boys ...ha ha...nicole
and some people wonder why young turkish guys take an interest in teenagers , i blamed the parents for this on a similar thread and was told i was talking rubbish and to get a life ,this seem,s to back up my comments.

bluepeterno1
My family went to Turkey for the first time last year. We have always holidayed in Spain, and what a difference we saw, young girls and mothers and even g'mothers dancing on bars which left nothing to the imagination. My two children aged 16 and 14 were quite saddened by this and embarrassed. We are not prudes and love to enjoy ourselves when on holiday , but there's a time and place for this kind of behaviour. As said before its no wonder the reputation british women have when in Turkey.

I will return to Turkey as the country and the people were most welcoming .
The similar thread you talked about ended generating into a heated discussion and was removed.

Please folks let keep this one civil and not start throwing any insults.

Kath HT Admin
Hi Kath

I think the reason people get heated in such discussions as this, is that there are on this forum parents of 13 and 14 year old girls who have invested a lot of time, effort and love into ensuring their girl's childhoods didn't "end at age 12", and do not wish to be "tarred with the same brush".

Threads like this tend to involve an awful lot of assumptions and speculations some of which offend members.
its precisely the point that those who do let their children do these things make is bad for the rest.........
The thing to remember here is that NOT all parents and teenagers act this way and those that believe that they do are really talking rubbish and know nothing about kids or life!

My husband and i have just come back from Marmaris and i have to say that yes we saw some dancing on bars but it was mainly little children doing this not teenagers.

As someone has said do not tar all teenagers with the same brush.
The innocent ones can and very often do get harassed by Turkish men for no other reason than they are young ladies.
  • Edited by boro_red 2006-09-24 18:34:16
My daughters 16th birthday was while we were away in marmaris last year and i am glad to say she is a mummys girl,she wasnt interested in the attention she got at all,felt a bit sorry for her really because there was someone who didnt want to leave her alone at all,he was a lovely guy but glad to say my daughter was quite concerned about it all,going back again next year when shes 18,and i know she still wants to spend days n nights with us 8)
hi all

my 18yr old & 16 yr old children holidayed with us and were more than happy to read books by the pool, play cards in the bar with us, watch the entertainment and also to have the odd bacarardi/beer. There are definitely families who have good solid relationships but the original comment was how could A mother and daughter act in such an inappropriate manner. Not ALL mother and daughters. On our last holiday there was a girl, with her father, who was dressed so scantily it was scary and danced very provocatively. It went beyond having fun and having a laugh. :cry: We got talking to an Australian girl who was married to one of the local Turkish lads and she said they have an overall view of English girls being "easy." I can't say I'm suprised after seeing the behaviour of SOME of the girls at the resort. They ruin it for the decent girls.
I must say whilst in Icmeler in June, my daughters who are 16 and 14 nearly died of embarrassment when me and dad got up and danced in wonderboys - and that was just "normal" dancing. I agree its a real shame that these people cant see what most people think of them, but i dont think they would care. I for one dont blame the resort guys for going with these girls, its offered on a plate - how many young free and easy men refuse? not many!
how can people contradict as to how people should behave. I dont disagree with the fact that young girls are growing up to quickly, but who are we to say that there parents are bad.

im disgusted with some of the comments on here, where you not young once, are people not intitled to enjoy themselves.

i have a son, and i hope that when he's older he can enjoy himslef and be able to have fun on holiday, and this would be exactly the same if i have a girl.

i think its a bit extreme to call them bad parents. in my eyes bad parents are those that beat and mistreat there children.

im travelling to marmaris this week, and i can asure you all that i will be having a good time and if that means getting up on tables so be it.
i dont think they can be classed as bad parents , but it is a parents duty to teach there children the correct way to behave ,and i dont think that dancing on tables and bars is the correct way

bluepeterno1
I can sort of see both sides. If these teens are dancing around on bars and tables but their parents are present, then surely they are not going to come to any harm? You don't don't if these same parents have warned them about their behaviour causing offence or inviting unwanted attention if they let them out of their sight.

I can imagine it must upset those of you who wouldn't dream of either dressing in a skimpy manner (it's a hot country mind you) or covorting on a table, but better that your teens are doing this where they can be seen than letting them out on the town where they can get up to much worse?
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.