Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
:wave: hi sharonc. you will have to have eagle eyes and stay close to your stuff. by the pool, stay close to where you are seated and cover up your stuff with towel. what about taking it in turns for your 14 year old to sit with your stuff for 5 mins so you could take the wee one in the pool? hope this helps and enjoy your holiday. :tup
Usually as local what we do is check people arround, find someone who looks local too and if you think they are trustable ask them to keep our belongings... Maybe you should check for other scotish arround you ;)
:wave: hi how would you know that they were trustworthy? i wouldn't . :think
We usually tuck our stuff under the lounger and then drape the towel over the lounger so that it hangs over the side. At the beach its a little harder- try & take as little as possible with you, and find a lounger as close to the sea as you can.
I use one of those ITSA towels, there's a concealed zip compartment where you could keep your more valuable things whilst you take a dip in the pool/sea. They're worth the money and quite handy too. The towel ties on to the sunlounger too so it is quite safe. And just to make sure I pile some other things on top. At the beach, you could maybe leave the apartment keys at reception before going and try and get a lounger where you'll be able to see it from the sea.
:wave: i don't leave my key or doorcard with reception now as i did this in spain before and got my room burgled .
Oh thats awful - hopefully your insurance would cover your loss then, but don't know how that would stand if you'd had a loss from apartment after theft of key whilst leaving unattended at the beach/pool. I'm sure you can also buy one of those waterproof pouch things you hang round your neck when in the water - could keep key there just to be extra safe and it wouldn't ever leave your person.
Thanks everyone i will take on all your tips and ideas on board. The older 1 might sit out for a wee while will just have to waite and see when i get there. Might by a water proof pouch before i go if i can find a place here that sell them. thanks alot everyone all help greatly appreciated.

sharonc
scotland
  • Edited by sharonc 2009-05-10 18:35:10
:D hi kimi we were covered but it ruins your holiday and you don't get back the sentimental value of things. don't know if they still let you put your keys in a basket on top of the reception desk nowadays, but that's how it happened. so no way will i hand in room keys etc. :offtop
Not had that problem to overcome before, but as a suggestion - Holidays are also about meeting other people & making new friends. Chances your kids will meet up with some other about the same age - Might be worth "pallin up" with other families and getting together as a group to help with your concerns.
:wave:
I agree Scoop - isn't it amazing how quickly kids make friends on holidays.
Well you never know if people arround you are trustable or not at this moment that technique never failed :)
I had exactly the same worry as this last year... wanted to enjoy the pool with my 3 girls.... neednt have worried though because the water was far too cold for me to get in! :rofl

sorry not very helpful am i? :think
mitchellclr that is just what i am hoping for the water to be cold then i will have no worries or excuses to give my girls when they ask me to go in the pool lol
thanks for all the info and advice
:rofl mitchellclr you cowardy cowardy custer! do what i do ..........watch hubby jump in and laugh!!!!!! :rofl then say no way :yikes i'll keep the drinks cool under the parasol :cheers
hi there my advice to you is make sure you get a safe in your room keep all your money in that only take out what you will need for the day try and budget what you will need for that day and if the worse happens you have only lost a day worth of money get yourself a body purse that fits round your waist keep it hidden if you can . common sence is the best advice i can give you . have a great holiday and i hope you and your kids enjoy yourself. :wave: ian
Thanks Ian i have a body purse that i am taking with me i will be ok when i am out walking about my dilemma is when the girls nag me to go in the pool or the sea it is only then that i will feel uneasy about having my belonging out with me.

sharonc
scotland
Hi Sharon ive just sent you a pm with a suggestion , let me know what you think x
Thanks Eileen for that link i will be buying one of those pouches for in the water well worth it to make me feel more safe and stop the girls nagging me to go in the pool thanks for your help Eileen
sharonc
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.