Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Ruth

When my son was younger (now 22), and I took him on holiday just the two of us, I did have to pay Adult Price as a package, as child discounts were not given, which I found ridiculous and would be the same price if two grown adults were travelling. The only reasonable t/o I found was 'then' skytours who offered single parent discounts howver you had to travel when they wanted to travel, again I found this unfair.

I have never done DIY, I was always a little nervous of things going wrong, I know they also go wrong with a package, but that was my preference. I think it's about time the t/o started to live in the ral world and recognise that families come in all shapes and sizes these days, and maybe more single parents would books holidays if they could afford the prices on offer.

Not sure any of this helps Ruth ;)
Just looking at my place I rent out in Belek, on average it would cost?

£200 flight x 2
£250 rental x 1 week
£150 rental x 1 week
£65 return airport transfer.

total £665 for the two weeks but this is for a fully furnished private house, communal pool & within walking distance of towns, restaurants & beaches.
If you have another 4 friends your then looking at 4 x £200 flights.
total £1465 to holiday in Turkey for two weeks for 6 people.
If you look at diy, these kind of offers are available everywhere.
We went DIY for the first time last year & we wil definately do it on every future holiday to Turkey. Our flights last August came to about £900 for all 5 of us (and Tesco loyalty card airmiles paid for about £300 of that :-D ) & the two bedroom apartment was £25 per night including air c o n, or fans in each room.

Chuck in the transfer of £50 each way in a taxi/mini bus & our holiday cost £1350 for two weeks in August. We paid more like £2,000 for our previous packages in Turkey & TBH, from what I've read on here & other forums, we could probably find accomodation for less than £25 per night.

Of course you're on your own if anything goes wrong with the accomodation but it's a chance we're prepared to take for saving like that, especially with all the review sites you can use in advance of booking.

So in a nutshell Ruth, you should easily be able to get a DIY holiday for miles less than a package.
Yeah I agree, I think for our next trip I will be looking at DIY and comparing. But no change of a hol next year though just buying a house so will look the year after, will let you know how I go.

Thanks
Ruth
Well I would never say never to a hol next year, however, with the house God knows how I will pay for it, but fingers crossed on the lottery then!!

In mean time I will be on the look out for those agean flights in June 2010 for 2011. I know some have said the are not as cheap this year as last yet but from the ones I just booked for my parents they are a whole lot cheaper than the other operators.

So roll on June 2010... not that I am wishing my life away or anything!! I am going to give DIY a try next time just so I know how it compares for myself.

Thanks
Ruth x
once you have done diy its hard to go back to hotels, it is so nice to please yourself :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.