Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I took my son when he was 9, he thoroughly enjoyed it but he is fascinated with Egypt anyway. In Luxor hotels Im not sure if there are any clubs for kids but my son made friends with a local lad who's father worked at the hotel so he had company playing pool, table tennis and in the pool. At night in Luxor though there isn't much to do, I think there would be more choice in a red sea resort. We made friends with others both times we have been before, but unless you are pretty confident, Egypt is probably not the best place to go as a single parent as you do get hassled quite a lot. Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable going there as a single parent. I have been both with a friend and with my hubby and son and both times we got a lot of hassle but I can handle it ok.

If you do go you will really enjoy it as its a great holiday destination.

Donna :sun2
My daughter would agree with Donna. When she went to Sharm with her hubby, she was constantly being touched & leered at.She didn't feel comfortable at all. Personally,I don't think its somewhere I would go as a single parent.
I was thinking about booking for myself and 8yr old girl for next easter but i'm unsure too.

Would you get hassle within the hotel?
I am thinking of not straying to far from the large hotel complex I have been looking at, it has it's own private beach too, so now I am really unsure what to do! LOL
Thanks for the replies though really apreciated.
Sue
If you stay in the hotel complex I think you will be absolutely fine! I would feel perfectly safe going on my own. I came back yesterday after a fantastic holiday (admittedly not straying far from my hotel) - no hassle whatsoever, and only polite and helpful staff - certainly no leering!! My daughter is 15, tall and blond, and I wasn't uncomfortable with any of the (limited) attention she got - waiters used to call her name and wave, and tell her she was beautiful - that was it, and it wasn't sleazy. Kids at our hotel were having a faantastic time and all seemed to be making friends really quickly.

On my own, or as a single parent, I doubt I would go out and about, but hotel complexes have plenty giong on, and if they have a beach too then that's a bonus.
Thx for the advice. I am thinking of staying in the holiday village or new aqua park hotel in Hugarda. The holiday village is £500 more though :( I want a hotel that has loads for kids to do day and night.

One of my other worries is the hassle at the airport. I went to the coral sea resort in 2006 and this was a nightmare and i was with a partner. Don't think i could handle this on my own lol. Is it still as bad?
We found the airport hassle free - just said no to the guys with the trollies and kept walking. We had arranged for the hotel to send a taxi to pick us up and the guy was waiting. No problems using the loo there either - no-one looking for tips! Once you get through passport control and get your bags there really aren't any issues with it - I would not worry doing it myself.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.